Registration Deadline: November 14, 2014
What: "Hacking Reference: Engaging the 'Whole' Student"
When: Friday, December 5, 2014
Where: Founder's Hall, Mt. San Antonio College, 1100 N Grand Ave, Walnut, CA 91789
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
There will be presentations highlighting how libraries are “hacking” the provision of reference service through non-traditional means. Presentations will be followed by "speed-hacking" rounds where presenters will have the opportunity to interact with program participants.
Our awesome slate includes:
Go to: http://www.carl-acrl.org/ig/carldigs/Files/CARLDIG-Dec14-reg-form.pdf to register!
- "Utilizing Pinterest as a reference tool" by Vivian Linderman (Long Beach City College)
- "Mario hacks the shush castle" by Paul Stenis, Marc Vinyard, Jaimie Beth Colvin, and Mary Ann Naumann (Pepperdine University)
- "ANTswers: Your interactive FAQ" by Danielle Kane (University of California, Irvine)
- "From ticks to tableau: Hacking reference data so it screams" by Brett Bodemer (Cal Poly San Luis Obispo)
- "Makerspaces and 3D Printing" by Francisco Vargas and David Hedden (Long Beach Public Library)
Questions About Your Registration?
Contact Debi Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 437-2701.
CARLDIG South is an interest group of the California Academic & Research Libraries (CARL). We
hold meetings and programs to discuss current reference issues. Learn more about us by reading our
Join our ongoing discussion on Facebook
Search for CARLDIG or go directly to our page
Join CARLDIG - Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires
- Chair: Suzanne Im (UC Santa Barbara) email@example.com
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Lettycia Torres (CSU Fullerton)
- Past-Chair: Janet Pinkley (CSU Channel Islands)
- Co-Secretaries: Janet Pinkley (CSU Channel Islands) and Kaela Casey (CSU Channel Islands)
- Webmaster/Publicity Officer: Elisa Acosta (Loyola Marymount University)
If you have questions, please contact our Chair, Suzanne Im
Join the CARLDIG South mailing