2016 CARLDIG-S Fall Program
We are excited to announce the 2016 CARLDIG-S Fall Program:
Telling Our Stories: From Nuance to Hard Data
When: Friday, December 2 from approx. 9am – 2pm
Where: Doheny Memorial Library, University of Southern California (map)
Description: Join us for a lively combination of presentations and active sessions on academic reference services and assessment! A call for proposals will be sent in the fall, and more information will be available at the CARLDIG-South website later this year.
Call For Proposals
Our deadline has been extended until Friday, September 30th at 11:59PM!
CARLDIG-S 2016 Fall Program:
“Telling Our Stories with Assessment: From Nuance to Hard Data”
CARLDIG-South is hosting its annual fall program at the University of Southern California’s Doheny Memorial Library Friday, December 2, 2016, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Titled “Telling Our Stories with Assessment: From Nuance to Hard Data,” this program will offer an opportunity for reference librarians to highlight and share their innovative engagement with assessing reference services at their libraries, whether through formal quantitative assessment, or an alternative approach to telling the library’s story. The deadline to submit a proposal is September 30, 2016.
Assessment of reference services is an essential part of demonstrating value and ensuring the needs of our library users are being met. How is your library assessing reference services? How are you taking what you have learned through assessment and communicating it with your stakeholders or the profession at large? Has your assessment work impacted or facilitated meaningful change? Tell us about it!
While these are some of the questions we have been asking, we know you have been hard at work on assessment projects that tackle this topic from unique angles we have not thought of, and we would love to hear from you!
Some Suggested Topics to Get You Thinking:
- Applications/case studies for innovative qualitative assessment models
- Applications/case studies for innovative quantitative assessment models
- Assessing the “je ne sais quoi” of reference: customer service, reference interviews, etc.
- Alternative forms of assessment, such as collaboration with faculty
- Interactive assessments to support formative assessment practices
You are by no means limited to these suggestions!
The selection committee invites proposals for the following formats relevant to the theme of reference assessment:
Feature presenters will also have the option to participate in a moderated panel discussion, and will have access to an Internet-equipped computer and a projector.
- 1. Feature Presentation (20 minutes plus five minutes for questions)
- 2. Poster Session (30 minutes)
Brief Guidelines for Proposals:
For more information, please visit the CARLDIG-S Facebook page, or contact 2016 CARLDIG-S chair, Madelynn Dickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Please submit your proposal online HERE
- Proposals should be no longer than 500 words
- Deadline to submit is September 30, 2016
- Accepted presentations will be confirmed by October 10, 2016
CARLDIG-S Fall Business Meeting
CARLDIG-S will hold its fall business meeting on Friday, September 9th from 10:00am – 12:00pm at the Doheny Memorial Library at USC. All CARLDIG-S members are welcome. Our agenda will focus on final planning for the fall program in December.
Where: University of Southern California, Doheny Memorial Library (DML 240)
When: Fri, September 9, 2016 from 10:00am – 12:00pm.
Location: Doheny Library is located in the center of the USC campus, adjacent to Alumni Park and across from Bovard Auditorium, on Trousdale Avenue. The closest parking available is at Gate #2 which has an entrance on Exposition Boulevard at Pardee Way.
Parking and Transportation: http://transnet.usc.edu/
Campus Map: http://web-app.usc.edu/maps/?id=10
- Chair: Madelynn Dickerson (Claremont Colleges Library)
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Kaela Casey (CSU Channel Islands)
- Past-Chair: Lettycia Terrones (CSU Fullerton)
- Co-Secretaries: Lettycia Terrones (CSU Fullerton) and Lucy Bellamy (FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising)
- Co-Webmaster/Publicity Officers: Annette Young (Chaffey College) and Tim Ream (LA Southwest College)
- Registrar: Christal Young (USC)
If you have questions, please contact our Chair, Madelynn Dickerson
Join the CARLDIG South mailing