SAVE THE DATE!
California Academic Reference Librarians Interest Group-South (CARLDIG-S)
2017 Fall Program
Agents of Change in the Age of Alternative Facts
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
CARLDIG-S is hosting its annual fall program titled “Agents of Change in the Age of Alternative Facts” at California Lutheran University on Friday, December 1, 2017 from 9:00am-2:00pm. We are seeking proposals from reference librarians who have implemented engaging, innovative reference programs or collaborations that address fake news, digital literacy, social justice, or diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Are you leading efforts to bring about change at your institution? Have you created campaigns or programs to improve student digital literacy? Or worked with campus partners to connect with diverse student populations? Submit a proposal today through our online application!
Speakers will give a 15-minute presentation and participate in a moderated panel discussion.
- Proposals should be no longer than 500 words
- Proposals must be submitted through the online application
Proposals will be subject to a peer-review process. The deadline to submit a proposal is Friday, September 22
All presenters must register and pay for the program.
For more information, contact CARLDIG-S Chair Kaela Casey.
CARLDIG-S Fall Business Meeting
Save the date for the California Academic Reference Librarians Discussion Interest Group – South’s fall business meeting! We’ll be in the final stages of planning our fall program Agents of Change in the Age of Alternative Facts.
When: Friday, September 15 from 10am-12pm
Where: California Lutheran University (info on room and parking coming soon)
- Chair: Kaela Casey (Ventura College)
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Christal Young (USC)
- Past-Chair: Madelynn Dickerson (Claremont Colleges Library)
- Co-Secretaries: Debi Hoffmann (CSU Channel Islands) and Corrie Bott (California Lutheran University)
- Co-Webmaster/Publicity Officers: Annette Young (Chaffey College) and Tim Ream (Fullerton College)
- Registrar: Yvonne Wilber (CLU)
If you have questions, please contact our Chair, Kaela Casey at email@example.com
Join the CARLDIG South mailing