CARLDIG-S Business Meeting
CARLDIG-S will hold its next meeting on Friday April 22nd from 9:30am – 11:30am. All CARLDIG-S members are welcome to attend either in person at the Claremont Colleges Library, or virtually on the phone using the following dial-in information below.
Claremont Colleges Library
800 N. Dartmouth Ave
Claremont, CA 91711
The Founder’s Room is located in the “Honnold Building” at the Claremont Colleges Library. Here is a directory of rooms in the building from Claremont’s website:
Parking is limited on campus, but free street parking is available. If you are planning to attend the meeting in person, the earlier you arrive the better in order to find parking. Carpooling is recommended. I am working on getting a limited number of campus parking passes and a map of nearby lots, which I will send out to anyone interested. Please let me know!
If you cannot make it in person to the meeting, we will still be “live” on the phone. Here are the dial-in details.
Dial-In Number: (563) 999-2090
Access Code: 621338
Draft Meeting Agenda:
Here is a tentative agenda. If anyone has additional suggestions, please let Madelynn Dickerson know and we will add them:
- Approve Jan business meeting minutes
- Review of CARL Conference IG Showcase- how did it go?
- Confirm dates for 2016 field trips
- Confirm details about the fall program:
- Name of program (theme is assessment)
- Location (USC, Fullerton, or CalArts)
- Decide on registration (use Reg Online or continue to mail in checks?)
- Finances: confirm how much money is in our account, if we can use any “overflow” cash for marketing, programming, etc.
Please contact Madelynn Dickerson, if you have anything you’d like to add to the agenda, or any questions about navigating the Claremont Colleges Library or the conference phone procedures.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
Upcoming Events and Activities for 2016
CARLDIG-S has a great year of activities planned for 2016 including a CARL presentation, field trips, and our signature fall program in December.
We will be at the CARL Conference’s IG Showcase along with our sister group from Northern California, ALIGN. Our presentation, “Demonstrating the Continuing Value of Reference and User Services” will feature both new and long-time CARLDIG-S members who will talk about how this group has served a meaningful role in their professional development, and include two special guest groups from UCLA and Antelope Valley College who will discuss recent reference projects they have worked on. We are on the schedule for Sat, Apr 2nd from 11:30am – 12:45pm in Breakout Room (Balboa).
More Details Here
CARLDIG-S will host a meet-up at the 2016 CARL Conference on Friday, April 1st at 6:30pm at Seasons 52 in Costa Mesa. More details available on our Facebook page. Looking forward to seeing you there!
This year we are hosting three field trips: the Getty Center in June, the Southern California Library for Social Studies and Research (SCL) in August, and the Natural History Museum in October. More details on dates and times will be announced throughout the year.
As always, we are also planning our fall program in early December. This year’s theme will be assessment. Calls for presentation proposals and registration for the event will come out in fall 2016. We will hold a virtual planning meeting on April 22nd and a physical meeting in September. All interested members are invited to participate.
CARLDIG-S looks forward to engaging with you this year! Find more information about us – including meeting details and other updates - on our website and on our Facebook page
- Chair: Madelynn Dickerson (Claremont Colleges Library)
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect: Kaela Casey (CSU Channel Islands)
- Past-Chair: Lettycia Terrones (CSU Fullerton)
- Co-Secretaries: Lettycia Terrones (CSU Fullerton) and Lucy Bellamy (FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising)
- Co-Webmaster/Publicity Officers: Annette Young (Chaffey College) and Tim Ream (LA Southwest College)
- Registrar: Christal Young (USC)
If you have questions, please contact our Chair, Madelynn Dickerson
Join the CARLDIG South mailing