Present: Gale Burrow, Duffy Tweedy, Judy Lee, Debra Moore, Judy Downie, Amy Wallace, Chad Kahl
1. Minutes of 11/03/00 meeting accepted.
2. Treasurer's report: Reimbursement of officers will be discontinued after treasury is ceded
3. Open House 1/5 at UCLAOrganizers for UCLA program (Judith Herschman) and IIL Panel (D. Moore) are ready to go. So far, there has been little response to the two calls for panel participants (active learning and new technologies): Sarah and Chad will combine the calls into one message for the CARL listserv (Ron Rodriguez). Chad will contact Lynn Lampert to see if her Smartboard proposal could be part of the new technologies panel. Other technologies were discussed: wireless keyboard, elmo, walltalker, wireless hubs, etc. Panelists will need overhead projectors, and we should check with the speakers to see if any additional equipment is needed. The equipment request form is on the School's web page. We will order continental breakfast from UCLA catering: a minimum of twenty people at $5.50 per person. We will charge $10 for CARL members, $15 to non-members, and $5 to students. A mock evaluation sheet was circulated. We need to select note-takers/reporters for each program.
4. Future Meeting Dates
5. Regional Immersion: Gale will have information after Midwinter.
6. Invitations to consider a joint program from CSU-L and CARLDIG were considered. It was decided that it might be best to do one high-quality program rather than multiple programs. Judy Lee will forward follow-up remarks from last spring's joint program with CARLDIG: a follow-up program will be considered