SEAL-S Fall 2013 Program:
Citizen Science & Libraries
Friday, December 13, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, 900 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles
$30 for CARL members, $45 for non-members, $15 for students
What is citizen science? And what does it have to do with libraries? These questions guide this yearís CARL/SEAL-S professional development program.
The panelists for our morning discussion represent a variety of projects, objectives, and science specializations.
Our panelists include:
- Lila Higgins (Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County)
- Bob DeGroot (USC and the Southern California Earthquake Center)
- Aydogan Ozcan (UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science and the California NanoSystems Institute)
- Katherine Pease (Heal the Bay)
- Kimball Garrett (Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County)
After lunch, weíll use iNaturalist for hands-on data collection in the Museumís Nature Gardens, and learn what happens to this crowdsourced data after itís submitted.
After our program, participants are welcome to stay in the Museum and visit the Research Library and exhibition halls.
Space is limited. Please RSVP to Trish Stumpf Garcia [email@example.com; (951) 827-6442], and youíll receive further instructions for registration and payment.
Parking not included: $8/$10, depending on lot.
CARL is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities at all CARL-sponsored events. You can indicate your special needs or dietary requirements when registering. Requests for special accommodations must be received at least two weeks prior to the event.
We hope you can join us!