January 17, 2021
For full information, see: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/santarosajc/jobs/2907820/public-services-librarian-petaluma-campus.
Filing Deadline: February 18, 2021
It is the candidate’s responsibility to be sure that ALL required materials are submitted by the filing deadline to be given consideration.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range: $69,219-$97,190 (2020/21 Faculty Salary Schedule); teaching experience, other related professional experience, and academic degrees determine salary placement on a schedule that is competitive with other California Community Colleges. Contracted salary is for 177 days per year (August through May) as specified in the All Faculty Association Contract, Article 8. AFA Contract – Articles
- Fringe benefits: The District offers a competitive benefit package which includes health & welfare (medical/dental/vision/life/long-term disability) benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
- Housing Assistance: Reduced fees for mortgage loans and real estate services may be available to the candidate selected for this position (contact Human Resources for more information).
We are seeking equity-minded faculty who are committed to educating our diverse student population. SRJC supports equal access for all students, multi-ethnic global perspectives, and cultural competencies. We value diversity that supports honesty and integrity in an environment of collegiality and mutual respect and compassion that includes civic engagement opportunities that contribute to real world problem solving and empathy to identify the challenges and address the needs of others. Candidates must have demonstrated instructional skills to join our outstanding team of faculty, staff and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students.
This is a full-time, continuing contract position in the Learning Resources Department at Santa Rosa Junior College, beginning Fall Semester, August 2021. Appointments are contingent upon funding and Board approval.
January 17, 2021
CSU Channel Islands Broome Library has a temporary, full-time Public Services Librarian position open for spring. The application can be located at csucifacultyjobs.com.
Placing students at the center of the educational experience, California State University Channel Islands provides undergraduate and graduate education that facilitates learning within and across disciplines through integrative approaches, emphasizes experiential and service learning, and graduates students with multicultural and international perspectives.
Position Description / Responsibilities
This position will work providing reference services to the campus community, and may include nights and weekends . The person in this position may also be assigned to work on project-related assignments such as LibGuides, copy cataloging, digital initiatives, developing outreach materials, teaching in the library instruction program, and other work.
Minimum Degree Requirements
- Applicants must have an ALA-accredited Masters degree in library and information science or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered but must have completed the MLS degree by January 20, 2021.
- Master of Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited program
- Experience providing reference services
- Evidence of a strong commitment to service excellence to a diverse community including a focus on first-generation, Latinx, African-American, Native American, and other minoritized groups
- Evidence of flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work successfully in a complex, dynamic, and diverse environment with competing demands
- Evidence of effective cross-cultural interpersonal and communication skills (i.e., multicultural competencies)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a diverse community
- Applicants should demonstrate the commitment to effectively work with and engage a diverse student population and evidence of successful mentoring minoritized students with special focus on Latinx, African-American, and Native American students.
- As a condition of employment, this position will require a background check. The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Experience with Photoshop, LibGuides, Alma, Canvas, familiarity with bibliographic record formats and metadata systems is helpful.
January 17, 2021
Head, Metadata Services
University of California, Berkeley Library
Hiring range: Librarian
Salary Range: $86, 534 to $104,276 annually (salary based on qualifications)
This is a full time appointment
The University of California, Berkeley Library seeks an innovative and engaged information professional to lead the Metadata Services unit and to help provide guidance and strategic direction for the future of resource description for the Library, colleagues in the UC consortium, and beyond.
Read the rest of this entry »
January 8, 2021
San Francisco State University’s J. Paul Leonard Library is a busy, teaching-oriented institution supporting a community of 25,000 students as well as faculty and staff. The library seeks applicants for a Research, Outreach, and Instruction Librarian and Business Liaison with experience, education, and/or interest in business. This position will work collaboratively with other liaison librarians to proactively develop partnerships with faculty to develop and deliver services that support the university’s teaching, learning, and research initiatives.
- Providing general research assistance to the San Francisco State community.
- Teaching information literacy instruction sessions.
- Participating in the development of outreach and instructional materials.
- Serving as a liaison to assigned academic departments, including programs in the College of Business and potentially other programs as needed.
- Provide specialized research consultation services for the academic business community.
- Contributing to collection development related projects.
- Participating collegially in the collaborative development, implementation, assessment, and improvement of library resources, services, policies, and procedures.
Read the rest of this entry »
December 23, 2020
This position will work providing reference services to the campus community, and may include nights and weekends. The person in this position may also be assigned to work on project-related assignments such as LibGuides, copy cataloging, digital initiatives, developing outreach materials, teaching in the library instruction program, and other work.
Applicants must have an ALA-accredited Masters degree in library and information science or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered but must have completed the MLS degree by January 20, 2021.
Application review expected in the second or third week of January.
For full information, find “Public Services Librarian” at http://csucifacultyjobs.com/.
December 18, 2020
Under general supervision, the Director of Development (DOD), Library and Centers reports directly to the Assistant Vice President of Development, in partnership with the Dean of the Library and professional colleagues, and is responsible for designing and implementing a strong, proactive program to secure major gifts from a portfolio of approximately 125 major gift prospects and donors, including alumni, parents, friends, corporations, and foundations. The incumbent utilizes thorough knowledge of gift vehicles, including planned capital and principal gifts, gifts-in-kind, and grants to secure philanthropic funds; serves as the primary frontline fundraiser for the University Library, and centers and institutes as assigned. As a member of the University Advancement team, the incumbent is responsible for working in consistent alignment with the “Fundraising at CSUN” guidelines and works collaboratively with Deans, faculty, staff, and volunteers in priority areas and with Advancement colleagues and key administrators in support of initiatives that have a university-wide scope; identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gifts of $25,000 or more by making at least 120 donor visits, submitting at least 20 well-positioned solicitations of $25,000 or more, and closing at least eight major gift commitments valued at $25,000, for a total to be determined on an annual basis; oversees and organizes special cultivation and fundraising events as assigned; enhance engagement opportunities and fosters a culture of philanthropy among volunteers and members of the campus community.
For full information: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/498174/director-of-development-library-and-centers
December 14, 2020
Santa Rosa Junior College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for adjunct faculty assignments. Adjunct assignments may be temporary, part-time and/or on-call and may be immediate or as needed. This job posting is not for a specific assignment or for a full-time faculty position, but rather for a pool of candidates who may be considered for part-time teaching or allied faculty assignments. Allied faculty include counselors, librarians, work experience faculty and other assignments.
We are seeking equity-minded faculty who are committed to educating our diverse student population. SRJC supports equal access for all students and multi-ethnic global perspectives and cultural competencies. We value diversity that supports honesty and integrity in an environment of collegiality and mutual respect and compassion that includes civic engagement opportunities that contribute to real world problem solving and empathy to identify the challenges and address the needs of others. Candidates must have demonstrated instructional skills to join our outstanding team of faculty, staff and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students.
For full information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2878917/faculty-adjunct-learning-resources-library/agency/santarosajc/
December 14, 2020
About California Institute of Integral Studies
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,500 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
For full information: https://ciis.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126596&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=1607299655053
December 14, 2020
Apply through this link: https://cusm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=55
Special Requirements and Conditions
Must be enrolled in an accredited instructional design, medical illustration, library science, library technology, or information science program
Computers, typical office equipment, library resources and systems, classroom technology, mobile devices
As a Digital Resources Student Intern, provides resources, services, technology, and information management expertise to enrich the teaching, learning, and research activities of the California University of Science and Medicine (CUSM) community. As a member of the Information Commons team, assists in daily operations including organizing materials, implementing policies and procedures, performing basic collection development activities, creating resources and tutorials, and participating in university initiatives. As an engaged member of instructional delivery, integrates information literacy (IL) and evidence-based practice skills within an active and dynamic medical curriculum. This individual may perform specialized health reference and research consultation services in person and virtually for the university community
Read the rest of this entry »
November 24, 2020
Napa Valley College is seeking an individual with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and instructional administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly, our students. This position offers the opportunity to participate in developing and implementing the philosophy and curriculum of the Library and Learning Resource Center at Napa Valley College.
Napa Valley College is a vital part of a community known for its cultural amenities and year-round mild climate. We are dedicated to providing quality programs and services that promote learning and enhance individual development. The college has a rich tradition of educating generations of Napa Valley residents. We serve about 8,000 students at our main campus and at a satellite campus in St. Helena. We are small enough to maintain a nurturing atmosphere, yet large enough to implement innovative educational programs and activities. We are a place where students are “first and foremost” in all we do. We are also an hour away from the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our Faculty, Staff, and Students
Napa Valley College has 114 full-time faculty positions and over 150 part-time faculty. More than 152 classified staff members and 55 administrators support our educational programs. We are a community of people excited about learning, and the college promotes and supports a spirit of teamwork. Attracting, nurturing, and celebrating diversity in staff and students is a college priority. We work with a diverse population of students from all socio-economic, cultural and educational backgrounds. This diversity is the real treasure of the educational experience at Napa Valley College. We value, model and encourage student success, honesty, creativity, integrity, adaptability, inclusivity, responsibility, openness to new ideas, respect for others, and health and wellness. We believe these values support the variety of learning abilities and life experiences present in the community college culture.
For details and application information:
Application deadline is Tuesday, February 9, 2021.