TEMPORARY LIBRARY SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Fall 2014 – appointment ends December 2014
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with 21 undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, comics, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, film, fine arts, visual and critical studies, and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students.
The Library Systems Technician will assist the Systems Librarian in maintaining the CCA Libraries’ Integrated Library System, web presence, and digital archive. Tasks may include: performing basic descriptive cataloging, uploading materials to the college’s digital archive, troubleshooting system issues, data entry, ensuring data quality, editing web content, and organizing user testing.
● Comfort with computers & learning new software
● Ability to work independently, follow set procedures and guidelines, and be attentive to detail and accuracy.
● Experience with data entry, editing web content and/or troubleshooting system
● Must be punctual and reliable.
● Familiarity with metadata standards such as MARC or MODS
● Web design skills (HTML, CSS)
● Current enrollment in an MLS/MLIS program or Library Technician Certificate
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Systems Librarian, California College of the Arts