Reporting Relationship: Dean of Cogswell College
Position Title: Librarian of Cogswell College
Position Type: One Full-time Exempt orTwo Part-time Non-exempt
Work Location: Sunnyvale, California
- Experience providing information literacy instruction in an academic library
- Experience with managing print and digital collections, databases, and online research guides.
- Experience providing reference services in an academic library
- Experience managing library staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Circulation desk responsibilities
- Provide reference services
- Help students access information within a library.
- Help users navigate the Internet.
- Acquire, prepare, and catalog materials.
- Oversee the management and planning of library.
- Negotiate contracts for services, materials, and equipment.
- Supervise library employees.
- Prepare budgets and direct activities.
- Recommend books to students.
- Select and purchase materials from publishers, wholesalers, and distributors.
- Analyze collections and compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, audiovisual materials, and electronic resources on various subjects.
- Provides information literacy instruction.
- Generate and manage overdue reports.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge & Skill Requirement:
|2+ years related experience in an academic library preferred|
|Excellent organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines and to juggle multiple, important priorities, and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Experience collaborating with faculty.|
|Must have good oral, written and listening skills. Has the ability and willingness to discern and meet the needs of students and faculty. Has the ability to establish interpersonal rapport and relate to individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures|
|Strong computer skills including ability to collect and analyzes information. Competent with Microsoft Office suite. Ability to learn new programs. Knowledge of EOS software a plus.|
|Ability to work with others in a collegial and productive manner.|
MLS, MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited graduate program.
Americans with Disability Specifications
|Physical Demands||The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.|
|Work Environment||Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions or any other harmful environmental conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.|
|It is the policy and practice of Cogswell College to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants. Employees and applicants are evaluated on individual merit, qualifications and competence. Programs will be administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, the use of a trained dog guide or service animal, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy is carried out in all of Cogswell’s practices involving employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training and disciplinary action.|
For consideration, please fill out required application at the link below. Include a cover letter and curriculum vitae.