Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park located in the heart of the Sacramento metropolitan area. The college also maintains two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center, and civic center. The college is a vibrant teaching and learning center with approximately 23,000 day and evening students and is now recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
Under the supervision of the Dean, Learning Resources and in collaboration with the other librarians, the Public Services Librarian shall:
- Provide reference and information services to students and staff.
- Provide library instruction in a variety of settings.
- Maintain up-to-date instruction materials for library resources, including print and online publications and services.
- Select materials in subject areas for print and electronic collections.
- Utilize current and emerging technology in reference and instruction duties.
The Public Services Librarian may:
- Instruct students in credit courses; coordinate library reference services; develop training for librarians and library support staff.
- Develop, coordinate, and assess library instruction and information competency programs for students and faculty.
- Develop and coordinate programs to market library resources and services to students and faculty.
- Assignment may include day, evening, and weekend hours.
The Sacramento City College Library maintains a focus on:
- Integrating and coordinating library services with other campus programs, services and constituencies.
- Active and effective outreach and marketing of library services to a diverse community college population.
- The collection and analysis of data in the service of improving library services.
Closes April 2, 2015. You can find the job posted here: https://jobs.losrios.edu/
Position begins on or about August 20, 2015.