Mt San Jacinto College is now accepting applications from qualified persons for the purpose of developing a pool of librarians interested in part-time assignments. Successful applicants will provide reference services and instruction on the use of print and electronic resources to students, faculty, and staff. Working hours may include evening, and/or weekend assignments from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- Teach Information Competency through library orientations and workshops.
- Assist students in the utilization of reference databases.
- Assist staff with monitoring, observing, and enforcing library and campus policies and regulations, and aid staff in reporting irregular activities in the library building.
- Master’s degree in library science, library and information science OR Possess a valid California Community College Credential in Library Science OR the equivalent.
- Significant knowledge of print and electronic resources, with a high degree of competence utilizing information technologies such as reference databases, Internet search engines and websites, and library automation systems.
- A sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and personnel, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
To be considered a qualified applicant, interested persons must submit ALL of the following documents:
- Completed Mt San Jacinto Community College Application.
- A resume summarizing your educational and professional experience.
- Unofficial transcripts of college-level work of ALL college-level coursework (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate). NOTE: If hired, the applicant must submit official transcripts for ALL college-level coursework at the time of employment.
The application and job announcement can be found here: http://www.msjc.edu/HumanResources/Pages/Associate-Faculty.aspx