Job Announcement: Systems Administrator/Applications Librarian
Dudley Knox Library (http://library.nps.edu) at the Naval Postgraduate School* (Monterey, CA), is recruiting for a new position:
Job Title: Librarian (Systems Administrator)
Department: Department of the Navy
Job Announcement Number: SE51410-11-1434646QH129005D
|SALARY RANGE (PER YEAR):||$69,329 to $90,129|
|APPLICATIONS OPEN:||Friday, June 19, 2015 to Friday, June 26, 2015|
This position is located in the Systems Department of the Dudley Knox Library at the Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, California.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, plans, tests, troubleshoots, coordinates and implements all aspects of the Integrated Library Systems (ILS) application, hardware and associated peripherals.
- Provides technical oversight and management of all matters relating to the recommendation, purchase, licensing, and use of library specific software applications, and library content/resources.
- Participates in the planning, development, and implementation of the services and activities of the library systems department.
Pay and Benefits**: Recruiting at GS-11 (Promotion Potential to GS-12) includes locality pay of 35.15%
How to apply for a US federal government job:
Please watch these videos – applications and resumes for federal jobs are NOT THE SAME as those created for “civilian/university” vacancies! Jobs are “open” for a very brief window – typically only 5-10 days.
- Top Tips for successful applications through USAJobs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y49d6wjbmXw
- USAJobs Walkthrough: How to create an account, build your resume, search and apply for federal government jobs https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9EA4549DEF3E4192
Once you create your resume(s) in the system you will be able to search and link the appropriate resume to our job when it posts at USAJobs https://www.usajobs.gov/
Search for “librarian” and “Monterey, California”
* The Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) located in Monterey, California, supports the U.S. Navy, other military branches, and foreign military services with accredited Masters’- and PhD-level graduate education. NPS consists of four graduate schools (InternationalGraduate Studies; Business and Public Policy; Operational and Information Sciences; and Science and Engineering), threeresearch and education institutes (Meyer Institute of Systems Engineering; Cebrowski Institute; and the Modeling Virtual Environments and Simulation Institute), and dozens of research and education centers. (http://www.nps.edu/)