Southern California Institute of Architecture
Job Title: Assistant Librarian
Reports To: Library Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is seeking an Assistant Librarian to be a part of a diverse community of 500 students, 80+ faculty and 50 staff. SCI-Arc brings together accomplished architectural professionals who encourage creativity, share knowledge, and foster independence by focusing on the individual learning experience.
The Assistant Librarian position is a great opportunity for an individual with library experience and a naturally hospitable demeanor. This position is responsible for covering the front desk and assisting all students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist patrons with research and locating print and digital resources
- Check in and check out books and media equipment
- Manage media equipment circulation and reservations
- Help the Library Manager to process and catalog new books and magazines
- Manage student workers
- Help build up the collection in support of the pedagogy
- Cover the front desk which includes answering phone inquiries, supporting photocopier, computer workstations and scanning equipment
- Help maintain a secure, quiet and comfortable environment in the library
- Shelving material
- Additional duties as assigned by the Library Manager
- MLS preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of experience with library reference or patron assistance
- Literacy/experience with the Avery Index, and other research databases
- Knowledge of Architecture or Art required
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer a benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
SCI-Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, go to http://www.sciarc.edu/portal/about/employment/assistant_librarian.html and complete the online job application. In addition, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.