|Job Title:||Senior Community Library Manager|
|Closing Date/Time:||Fri. 09/18/15 11:59 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$33.20 – $42.40 Hourly
$2,656.34 – $3,392.26 Biweekly
$5,755.40 – $7,349.89 Monthly
$69,064.80 – $88,198.68 Annually
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|The Contra Costa County Library is seeking qualified individuals to fill the one (1) position of Senior Community Library Manager recently vacated through promotion. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position to be located in Hercules, California.
The County Library operates twenty-six (26) community libraries within a 750 square mile area and serves close to 1 million urban, suburban and rural patrons with an annual circulation reaching 7.4 million. Contra Costa County Library actively promotes reading, maximizes the use of library collections, and offers programs and services that encourage reading. The County Library is proud to be recognized as having one of the State’s most successful literacy programs.
The Senior Community Library Manager is responsible for day-to-day administration and operation of a community library. This includes responsibility for the supervision of subordinate personnel; development of material collections appropriate for the community served by the library; development and implementation of a plan of service; recommendations to County Library Administration regarding community needs and improvements in library service patterns; and the establishment and maintenance of direct liaison between the community library, city, school district, Library Friends, and local groups to encourage good community relations.
The eligible list established from this examination may remain in effect for twelve (12) months.
|· Plan, organize and manage the activities of a community library ; ensure the efficient and effective delivery of high quality library services to the general public
· Plan, develop and implement community library goals, objectives, policies and procedures that reflect the County Library’s mission and services
· Act autonomously to develop and maintain relationships with City leaders, community organizations, local businesses, schools, service clubs and “Friends of the Library” organizations, and make presentations to these organizations.
· Collaborate with City staff in the planning and development of library programs and services
· Plan and prepare the community library’s budgetary needs; develop budget justification for staffing, service and materials; monitor and reconcile financial resources for county and city, grants, and donations from community organizations, businesses and library friends/foundation organizations
· Manage professional level librarians, technical and/or clerical staff; exercise independent judgment in the selection, training and evaluation of staff; make assignments and counsel employees on work-related issues and take disciplinary action as necessary in accordance with County and department guidelines and direction, regulations or applicable MOU
· Manage task forces in the development of County Library policies and procedures, committee projects or special assignments and make recommendations; interpret library policies and procedures to staff and the public
· Assess community library needs and formulate proposals and policies to support such needs within the County Library and the community
· Manage building security and maintenance issues which may include surrounding grounds; evaluate architectural drawings to assess new library interior designs, layouts, and circulation needs, and make recommendations
· Anticipate and recommend computer technology needs and planning, including internet access and software, and web based research services
· Manage acquisition and collection development, including any specialized collections; participate in centralized collection development to ensure collection materials meet the community’s needs
|Education: Possession of a Master of Library Science degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association, or equivalent curriculum.
Experience: Three (3) years of full-time equivalent professional/supervisory public library experience, which must have included experience as a Community/Branch Library Manager in a public library.
All applicants are encouraged to review the detailed job description at www.cccounty.us/hr and apply is they clearly meet the Minimum Qualifications as defined above.
Note: Contra Costa County administers in-person oral interviews and examinations and does not offer online or phone options at this time. Travel expenses will not be provided.
|1. Application Filing: Applicants, including County Employees, are to apply on-line at Contra Costa County Department of Human Resources and submit the required information by the final filing date. All applicants must clearly demonstrate that they meet the minimum requirements provided on the job announcement. Resumes may not be substituted for the official County application. Paper, faxed or late applications WILL NOT be accepted. To view the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position, please visitwww.cccounty.us/hr to see the detailed job description.|