Digitization & Services Coordinator
University of California Office of the President
Digitization & Services Coordinator
California Digital Library – University of California
The California Digital Library (CDL) offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the large-scale digitization of significant library collections at the University of California and to the development of key library services provided for those collections. Reporting to the Mass Digitization Project Manager, the Digitization & Services Coordinator provides planning, coordination, analysis and communications support for UC Libraries’ digitization projects including the Google Book Search Library project. In addition, the Digitization & Services Coordinator will have major responsibility for supporting and enhancing the new UC Library Reprints print- on-demand service, as well as participate in a range of activities related to the HathiTrust Digital Library and digital collection development, analysis and management.
• Bachelor’s degree with theoretical knowledge in library and information sciences and at least three years of experience working in a research library environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated success in project planning, analysis, and coordination, including translation of project goals and requirements into concrete tasks and deliverables, and in preparing written documentation of project functions and activities.
• Experience implementing digitization projects, including digitization project design, workflows, techniques, and technical standards relating to both books and non-book formats such as images and archival materials.
• Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining a web presence and in the use of wikis and social media.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze metadata, usage statistics, user feedback, and other inputs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, including the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies,
such as faculty and librarians, programmers, and partners in external organizations.
• Working experience with structured data, digital object standards, and metadata formats and standards.
• Understanding of digital library challenges and trends.
• Masters degree in Library or Information Science or a related field.
• Familiarity with databases and Integrated Library Systems (ILSs).
• Experience coordinating projects involving multiple institutions and teams that are geographically distributed.
• Working knowledge of copyright law and fair use.
• Strong service orientation.
How To Apply: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit http://apptrkr.com/264192
About the California Digital Library:
Established in 1997, The California Digital Library, an Oakland-based unit of the University of California Office of the President, supports the assembly and creative use of the world’s scholarship and knowledge for the University of California libraries and the communities they serve. In so doing, it directly supports the University’s mission of teaching, research, and public service. The CDL also maintains its own distinctive programs emphasizing the development and management of digital collections, innovation in scholarly publishing, and the long-term preservation of digital information. See http://www.cdlib.org for more information.
About the University of California Office of the President:
University of California Office of the President is the corporate headquarters to the ten campuses, five medical centers and three Department of Energy National Labs and enrolls premier students from California, the nation, and the world. University benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance effective on the first day of employment, a generous sick, vacation and paid holiday program, an excellent retirement savings and investment plan, and more.
To review a complete list of all of UCOP’s open positions please visit the University of California Office of the President Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu
University of California is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency