The University Library at California State University, Long Beach is looking for a tenure-track Senior Assistant/Associate Librarian of Health Sciences. More information can be found at the following link:
Recruitment Number: 2338
Position: Senior Assistant / Associate Librarian of Health Sciences (12-Month)
Effective Date: August 1, 2016
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Provide in-person and online reference services at a service-oriented and all-purpose reference desk approximately 6 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
- Provide library instruction and consultation services to the students and faculty to the Departments of Nursing, Health Care Administration, Kinesiology, Nutrition & Dietetics, Food Science, Physical Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, and Health Sciences.
- Serve as the Library’s subject specialist for the specified departments, which includes evaluating, selecting, and reviewing information resources in relation to curricular and collection needs.
- Work closely with subject librarians and other members of the University community as appropriate.
- Engage in library and university governance and scholarship including research, scholarly and creative activities required for tenure and promotion.
- M.L.I.S. or equivalent from an American Library Association-accredited program. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the master’s degree by July 1, 2016.
- Working experience as an academic librarian or information professional or library intern in an academic institution, medical research institution, or hospital setting.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at teaching information literacy skills and concepts in an academic library setting.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at providing research assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with university faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- A degree in one (or more) of the following disciplines: Biology, Nursing, Health Care Administration, Kinesiology, Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science, Physical Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, or Health Sciences.
- Experience as an academic librarian in one or more of the following disciplines: Nursing, Health Care Administration, Kinesiology, Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Science, Physical Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, or Health Sciences.
- Demonstrated potential to fulfill the research activities and service commitments required for a tenure-track position in the Library.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, select, and review information resources in relation to curricular and collection needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of emerging technologies and innovation, and ability to apply these concepts to library applications.
- A Student Success Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced)
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
- CV (including current email address)
- Three original (not photocopied) and signed current (within the last year) letters of recommendation
- Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form, three current letters of recommendation (if not already submitted), and an official transcript.
Because of the nature of this position, the University requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position.
No email applications accepted. Applications, required documentation and/or requests for more information should be addressed to:
Health Sciences Search Committee Chair
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-1901
562-985-4047 and/or email@example.com
- Review of applications to begin January 4, 2016
- Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, work, and thrive in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veterans’ status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.