Contra Costa Community College District
Librarian (Brentwood Campus)
Posting Number: F00149
Location: Brentwood Campus
Salary: $58,452 – $87,960 per year
Description of Position:
Beginning in fall 2016, this librarian will spend 50% of his/her time in Brentwood and 50% of his/her time on the Pittsburg campus. The librarian will to get to know the current Brentwood students while increasing library reference, instruction and outreach services at the Brentwood Center. While working 50% at the Pittsburg Campus, the librarian will have the opportunity to become familiar with LMC library systems, collections, and the larger college community. This librarian would play an integral role in assessing the needs of the students and faculty at the Brentwood Center and planning for the expanded library collections and services when the new Center opens in 2018-2019. This librarian will be assigned to the Brentwood Center 100% of the time when the new Brentwood Center opens.
The librarian will help students develop the necessary skills and knowledge to identify and access credible, scholarly materials and appropriately use those materials for their own assignments. This position also supports the assessment of the instruction being done at the library reference desk and embedded in courses to identify and measure student learning.
The position will engage in a full range of reference, library instruction, collection management and outreach activities. As part of a small department, this librarian is also expected to have a working knowledge of the administrative features of a library management system. This includes ability and willingness to help library staff troubleshoot problems, perform functions such as running reports or adding a new ebook collection to the catalog. The librarian will be required to discover, select, learn, and integrate new library related technologies as they become available.
In addition to contractual duties, all faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the assignment may be in the evening and/or online.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The position will engage in a full range of reference, library instruction, collection management and outreach activities. In addition to contractual duties, all faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing vision, direction, and leadership in the development, delivery, and assessment of all Library instructional efforts for campus-based and distance education;
2. providing reference service and instruction on the use of print and electronic information resources to students, faculty, staff and the community;
3. participating in the collection, development and implementation of print and electronic information resources and services;
4. providing course related library instruction;
5. collaborating with faculty on assignments, collection needs, and integration of information literacy into the college curriculum;
6. developing library collections in the assigned subject areas;
7. contributing to the development and maintenance of the Library’s web page;
8. maintaining current knowledge in the field of Library Science and Information Management;
9. participating in department, college committees, and College’s shared governance process;
10. participating in professional development activities;
11. maintaining of appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
12. performing other related duties as assigned.
Master’s in library science, library and information science OR The equivalent.
Please note: If you do not meet the minimum qualifications EXACTLY or if you’re unsure whether or not your degree meets the minimum qualifications, you MUST complete the equivalency form contained in the application packet.
Below is a provisional list of desirable qualifications we will be looking for in Library faculty applicants. 1. Experience in providing reference and instructional services in a library setting.
2. Knowledge of information competency standards, assessment and student learning outcomes.
3. Knowledge and experience working with a library management system.
4. Enthusiastic about providing innovative and creative library programs and services.
5. Demonstrated ability and willingness to work effectively with new and emerging technologies.
6. Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills and the proven ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and administration.
7. Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Job Close Date: 2/5/2016
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/717065
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.