Assistant Professor/Librarian-Library and Information Science #AC16-0542
Library Information Studies/Institutional Effectiveness, Library and Learning Support Services Division/Santiago Canyon College
Tenure Track Position
Starting Date: 2016 Fall Semester
Deadline to Apply: Monday, March 7, 2016, 5:00PM
- Design and produce online tutorials and learning objects.
- Participate in outreach services.
- Provide face-to-face and online library reference and information assistance to students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Participate in teaching a dynamic library instruction program of workshops and instructional sessions, both face-to-face and online.
- Assess the library’s information competency program.
- Collaborate with faculty on assignments and integration of information competency into the college curriculum.
- Perform other library related duties as assigned.
- Act as a liaison with faculty on the selection of materials.
- Keep abreast of developments in library science, learning resources and information technology fields. Actively participate in shared governance as well as other staff, faculty, and professional meetings.
- Participate in a team environment with a commitment to service excellence.
- Participate in the development of library policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities may include classroom instruction which may include evening or off-campus assignments unless excused according to Board Policy provisions. Maintain accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and academic progress. Assist in maintaining course outlines for each assigned course.
- Be familiar with and observe the administrative regulations as they appear in the Faculty Handbook (flex calendar obligations)
RSCCD has one of the highest faculty salary schedules among California’s 72 community college districts. New faculty may be placed as high as step 11 on the salary schedule based upon verified teaching/work experience. The starting salary may range from $54,010.08 – $91,348.99/year for the 10-month academic year, depending upon education and experience. Additional compensation is provided for work beyond the basic teaching contract.
The district will contribute up to $26,430.36 per year toward the medical/dental insurance expense for the employee and any eligible dependents, plus $1,250 per year for additional fringe benefit expenses, life insurance coverage of $50,000 or the employee’s annual salary, whichever is greater and ten days of sick leave per year. Membership in the California State Teachers’ Retirement System.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the online district academic application by the specified closing date for the position www.rsccd.e