The Scripps Research Institute is a world leader in biomedical research-expanding the frontiers of knowledge, accelerating new treatments for disease, and training the next generation of scientists in this critical work. To learn more about TSRI, please visit us at www.scripps.edu.
The Scripps Research Institute is currently seeking an Instruction & Research Librarian to plan, organize, and coordinate campus-wide library instruction services; orientation, database use instruction/training for the graduate program; database administration; and special projects. Serve as subject specialist to scientific community in their use of library databases and resources. Act as lead resource and Compliance Officer for NIH Public Access Policy compliance and Endnote. Assist with tracking budget allocations appropriate for said resources and programs. For the list of the job duties and to submit your application for consideration please visit the TSRI website at: https://careers.scripps.edu
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited institution.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or similar highly desired.
- Minimum 5 years of professional, progressively responsible library experience demonstrating subject knowledge and familiarity with science resources, databases and research methodologies for the chemical, biological, and health sciences. A bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, or related discipline and 3 years of similar experience may be accepted in lieu of 5 years.
- Minimum 1 year experience providing in-person instruction.
- Must possess a high degree of technical knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the programs administered.
- Demonstrates strong professional, service-oriented leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in database administration and searching.
- Demonstrated experience in providing instructional assistance in person and virtually (e.g. classroom teaching, creating online tutorials).
- Subject knowledge in the Sciences (Chemistry, Biology and Medicine).
- Experience providing library services to assist scientists and students throughout the entire research lifecycle (eg. database searching, finding grants, finding protocols, citation management, NIH Public Access Policy compliance, and performance metrics).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, and conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Skilled in the use of automated systems including personal computers, electronic mail, and the internet using local and remote access methods.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of operating systems (including Macintosh and Windows), and programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and to interact effectively with faculty, staff, students, and colleagues.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. Annual travel to Florida campus to host week-long training sessions
Salary is commensurate with experience
To learn more about this opportunity and submit your application for consideration, please visit our website athttps://careers.scripps.edu.
If you are a person with disability who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in TSRI’s application, interview, and/or selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (858) 784-8534 for assistance. The Scripps Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.