PAULINA JUNE AND JUNE POLLAK LIBRARY
DEPARTMENT OF TECHNICAL SERVICES
Full-Time Temporary Assistant Librarian
The Pollak Library has a robust library instruction program that emphasizes student centered learning and utilizes state-of-the-art information technology in classroom settings.
Participate in the Library’s extensive instruction program, including planning, teaching, and assessing library sessions for CSUF classes and workshops in basic and specialized electronic resources. Provide reference assistance to CSUF students, faculty, staff, and community. Serve as subject consultant to academic departments. Work on specified projects as needed.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA- accredited institution or equivalent institution by the time of appointment.
- Experience and/or potential in developing and teaching effective Library instructions sessions.
- Current reference experience, including the use of academic electronic resources.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively.
- Ability to interact effectively in a multi-cultural environment within and outside the Library.
- Availability to work some weeknights and weekends.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a strong user-service orientation.
- Bachelors or librarian specialty experience in one of the following subject areas: Communications, the Humanities, Asian Studies or Nursing.
Rank & Salary
The position will be a 9-month appointment from August 15, 2016 to May 15, 2017, at the rank of Assistant Librarian (class code 2920). Monthly salary range is from $4,393 to $5,900, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent comprehensive benefits are available and include health/vision/dental plans; defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities; as well as access to campus child-care. For a detailed description of benefits, go tohttp://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.asp
August 15, 2016
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to:https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 8826BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- Letter of interest (relating your experience to the required qualifications)
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference (see instruction below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
For questions about the position, please call: (657) 278-4460 or email@example.com
For full consideration, all application materials should be received by June 24, 2016. Position will remain open until filled.
California State University, Fullerton is the largest of the 23 campuses that comprise the California State University system. The campus is located in northern Orange County, convenient to numerous cultural and recreational sites throughout Southern California. As a comprehensive university, CSUF offers baccalaureate degrees in 55 fields of knowledge, graduate (master’s level) work in 54 programs, credential programs for teachers, and doctoral degrees in education (Ed.D.) and nursing practice (DNP).
The Pollak Library serves a total of more than 38,000 students as well as approximately 4,000 faculty and staff. The University is committed to the support of learning through instructional technology as well as extensive training and development programs. The University Web site is located athttp://www.fullerton.edu
The Library’s Web site (http://www.library.fullerton.edu) serves as a gateway to library resources, including the Library’s vital and extensive instruction program. The Library contains 1.3 million books, government documents, and audiovisual materials; over 50,000 periodicals available electronically or in print; and 200 electronic databases. The staff includes 23 FTE librarians and 35 FTE paraprofessionals.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.