Requisition Number: 0170089
Position Type: Staff
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: William H. Hannon Library
Organizational Unit: William H. Hannon Library
Business Title: Digital Library Program Assistant
HR Classification Title: Library Assistant III — Digital Library Program
Work Status: Full-time Term
Hours Per Week: 40
Days of Week: M-F
Specific Work Schedule:
Posting Options: Internal and External
Reporting to the Head of the Digital Library Program (DLP), the incumbent will provide support for all aspects of work related to the Digital Library program, which includes Digital Collections, Digital Commons and Digital Scholarship. The position will manage DLP’s work-study student/s schedules, training and supervision on a regular bases.
This is a full time term position for one year.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist the Digital Program Librarian with all aspects of digitization projects including materials handling, digitization, quality control and managing various workflows. Serve as the point person for digitization projects and maintain documentation for tracking digitization activities.
- Assist Digital Program Librarian with further developing the Digital Commons, LMU & LLS institutional repository. Upload content to the online repository and perform quality control procedures.
- Assist with managing workflow for OCLC Digital Archive for permanent archiving of the digital files.
- Supervise Digital Library Program student employees. Manage student schedules, training and supervision on a regular basis.
- Serve as liaison between Digital Library and the Department of Archives and Special Collections and communicate workflows, project status, and issues with regards to digital projects.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of project documentation for the Digital Library Program.
- Prepare and update documentation with regards to workflows and quality control as and when needed.
- Assist the Digital Scholarship Librarian with digital scholarship projects. This may include assisting with digital exhibits, uploading digital objects to appropriate, online digital platforms, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum 3 years related academic library experience, preferably in the public services.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of academic library functions and standards, preferably in the digital library field.
- Familiarity in the area of higher education desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using various technologies, and in Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Preferably knowledgeable about web and digital technologies, content management systems, and relational databases.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral, as evidenced by effective exchange of work-area information with staff and students. Interpersonal skills, and ability to follow both written and oral directions.
- Exemplary organizational skills and demonstrated ability to perform detail oriented tasks.
Typically a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or coursework in library science preferred. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This position offers pre-professional experience working in a library; applicants currently in library school or attending library school in the future are encouraged to apply.
Physical Demands (if applicable)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Constantly required to sit, feel, use finger movement, speak clearly, hear conversation, see near and far. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to lift, carry and push up to 10 lbs., stoop, kneel, reach high and low, use depth perception.
Please submit cover letter, resume, list of three references, and salary history to be considered for this position.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade Minimum: **
Salary Grade Midpoint: **
Posting Date 07/20/2016
Application Deadline Date:
List of References