Do you like the stability of a company that has been around for 140 years but the excitement and energy of a new company poised for growth? Do you enjoy your profession but really desire to make a difference in your community?
Heald College may be the right place for you. Heald College is a career college founded in 1863 that prepares students for academic, personal, and professional success through quality career- focused programs that develop skills to last a lifetime.
We are gearing up for a very exciting period in our long history and currently have an opening for a Learning Resource Center (LRC) Manager at our Rancho Cordova campus.
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) Manager manages the daily operation of the LRC and assists the Director of Student Services with activities relating to programs, services, and events associated with enhancing student satisfaction, success, retention, and program completion for the campus.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Director of Student Services, Director of Academic Affairs and Program Directors in implementing initiatives to increase student attendance and student participation in activities designed to drive student success and satisfaction.
• Train students and faculty on the use of learning resources available in the LRC including EBSCO and other online databases and research tools. Provide ongoing support and assistance for students and faculty using these databases and tools
• Identify, acquire, catalog, and maintain the physical and electronic holdings of the LRC.
• Implement the Heald plan for the assessment of student learning outcomes and support services including participation in systematic program review.
• Solicit input from students and faculty on learning resources and services using surveys and other data collection methods.
• Document student and faculty use of the LRC and its resources and provides periodic usage reports to campus and CAO administration.
• Oversee the administration of COMPASS testing and compliance with all policies associated with COMPASS test administration.
• Oversee administration of Challenge Exams.
• Oversee administration of class make-up testing.
• Develop, implement, oversee, and track attendance and participation in Student Mentoring and Tutoring programs.
• Develop, implement, oversee, and track attendance and participation in workshops for students.
• Provide support for College Success classes.
• Check in and out campus multimedia equipment.
• Assist with calls to students as directed.
• Partner with Student Services to identify and assist at risk students.
• Develop and implement student learning centered activities (e.g. inter-program Jeopardy, Learning Olympics, creative learning outcome activities).
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least two (2) years experience in an academic environment as a student, instructor, and dean or staff member.
• Student/working experience at Heald preferred.
• Strong student-centered focus; commitment to student satisfaction and success.
• Effectiveness in working in teams, focusing on student success, customer service, and service excellence required.
• Proven, excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a diverse student population.
Heald College offers a competitive salary structure and an attractive benefits package that includes medical / dental / vision coverage, tuition reimbursement plan, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
Please apply using URL to submit through our applicant system and search for job#123759
Heald College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a staff Position.