Interlibrary Loan Coordinator (Library Services Specialist III) – Job ID 3022
California State University Dominguez Hills
The Interlibrary Loan Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the University Library’s Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services. The ILL Coordinator manages workflows for both borrowing and lending requests for CSUDH patrons, utilizing various joint resource sharing systems and cooperative efforts with other libraries. This position will also provide excellent customer service at the public service desks and assist in other daily operational activities of the User Services Department as needed.
We are seeking applicants with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of interlibrary loan borrowing and lending policies and procedures and applicable work methods.
- Thorough knowledge of online databases and systems and the ability to perform complex searches.
- Demonstrated problem solving and research skills, including the investigation of complex problems requiring the analysis and interpretation of information.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of lead work direction, including assisting in employee selection, training employees, assigning work, organizing work-flows, establishing priorities, reviewing work, providing input on performance evaluations, and promoting teamwork to optimize effectiveness.
- In-depth knowledge of library operations, materials, services, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of copyright law as it applies to ILL.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, communicating with patrons, colleagues, and supervisors in a clear, friendly, and helpful manner in a variety of formats.
Our library runs on ILLiad, OCLC, Millennium (current ULMS), and Alma (incoming ULMS) and utilizes standard office applications
The typical workload includes:
- Evaluating and planning daily unit work-flow and workload of the ILL team (1-2 staff members and 2-4 part-time student assistants).
- Compiling and analyzing statistics for outward reporting and internal improvement efforts.
- Investigating new ILL products and technologies, more efficient work-flows, and better data collection practices to make recommendations to Library Administration in an effort to continually improve the ILL experience for our users.
- Processing incoming borrowing and lending requests using ILLiad (or other ILL management software).
- Verifying bibliographic citations using appropriate reference and internet tools.
- Communicating effectively with ILL personnel at other libraries as needed.
- Maintaining the billing system on ILLiad and preparing invoices for payment and checks for deposit.
- Troubleshooting ILLiad (or other ILL applications) and problem requests as needed.
For a complete job description and directions on how to apply, visit https://my.csudh.edu/psp/paaprd/EMPLOYEE/HDHPRD/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=3022&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1