Reporting to the Dean of Library, the Head of Systems and Digital Initiatives provides leadership, management, and supervision to staff working on library systems support and digital projects and services, including digital scholarship, institution repository, and digital collections. This individual will be responsible for developing and delivering library systems and services, maintaining the stability and integrity of all of the library’s systems, and cultivating a forward-looking, collaborative environment that sets high user-centered standards with policies, advocacy, and training. The Head of Systems and Digital Initiatives investigates and implements new technologies and digital services to support the Library’s mission. The library is commitment to achieving inclusive excellence and ethnic and racial diversity among our staff, including our librarians.
- Provide leadership in identifying, planning, budgeting, and developing library systems products and services according to the information needs of LMU faculty and students, and the operational needs of library staff. Perform technology systems analysis in library departments, providing workflow recommendations, and consultation. Supervise library staff training when introducing new technologies. Provide expertise and advice on technology issues in library grant proposals.
- Provide leadership and oversight for digital projects and programs, including the planning and coordinating of digital scholarship, institution repository, and digital collections.
- Plan and coordinate the introduction of new technologies to ensure a thoughtful and deliberate approach in selecting and integrating products.
- Serve as primary liaison to the library’s integrated library system (ILS) vendor and have responsibility for administration of the system. Coordinate the monitoring and maintenance of the ILS, including system updates and batch processes. Perform system upgrades, new installations, monitor backup processes, and coordinate the distribution of computer technology assets. Ensure the smooth coordination of library systems with LMU’s ITS department and the campus network.
- Monitor, maintain, and upgrade various library specific software and servers including CONTENTdm, EZproxy, AIMS, ILLiad, etc. Provide support for these systems within the library and coordinate communication with the vendors when issues arise.
- Supervise staff leading the technical planning, implementation, management and support of digital scholarship, collections, and projects.
- Maintain documentation regarding the unit’s strategic plan, project plans, policies, procedures, workflow processes, and best practices. Provide regular reports on progress and status of projects and repository.
- Assess impact of digital strategies on Library’s ability to advance its mission. Recommend and plan new digital strategies based on assessments and best practices across the profession.
- Contribute to the profession through publications, formal presentations, and through service to relevant professional associations and groups, locally, regionally and nationally.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
For required qualifications and other information, visit: https://jobs.lmu.edu/postings/29552