California State University, Stanislaus’ University Library seeks an innovative and dynamic librarian to join the library faculty as the Web Services Librarian. The Web Services Librarian leads the effort to ensure that library web services support and enhance student learning and research. The Web Services Librarian works collaboratively to create a website design that is responsive to the mission of the library and serves as a critical tool for research, instruction, and information literacy.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Management and design of the library website’s architecture and integration of web-based services into student success initiatives
- Collaboration with other library faculty and staff to improve the accessibility, usability, responsiveness, and overall user experience of the library’s web-based services
- Serves as a member of the library’s Technology Team and as the liaison to other campus units for web-based services
- Responsible for collection development, liaison work with assigned academic departments, and some reference and instruction
- Participates in library and university faculty governance
This is a twelve-month, tenure-track position that reports to the Dean of Library Services. To be recommended for tenure and promotion, library faculty must demonstrate proficiency in the areas of librarianship; research, scholarship and/or creative activities; and participation in university affairs.
Experience with web development technology such as Drupal, PHP, MySQL, XML/XSLT; experience with web server technologies such as content management systems and/or Apache; experience with web 2.0 technologies and API mashups; experience with learning management systems such as Blackboard. Demonstrated experience leading work teams to successful project completion.
Review of applications will begin on May 1, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. The position is available on August 1, 2017; however, an earlier start date is negotiable.
The full position description and instructions for applying is available here: https://www.csustan.edu/sites/default/files/groups/Faculty%20Affairs/Positions/web_services_librarian_tt_position_announcement.pdf