Job posting available at: https://clpccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/794 Click on Apply for this Job to fill out applications, post resumes, etc (all materials listed at the bottom of this posting). Pose questions to Human Resources of the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District at: Human Resources Applications accepted until April 28, 2017. Applying for this position is not automatic for any other full-time positions (need to submit separate application, etc.)
|Tenure Information||Non-Tenure Track, Temporary Leave Replacement|
|Pay Rate (or Annual Salary)||$62,035 – $88,687/annual|
|Job Location||Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545|
|Job Summary||The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Librarian for Chabot College in Hayward, California. This position is a Temporary Leave Replacement for Fall Semester, 2017. The position reports to the Division Dean.|
|Representative Duties||1. Teach effective research strategies in print and online resources.
2. Provide reference services in a multimedia environment to student, staff and faculty.
3. Act as a library liaison to at least one instructional division and to help develop the library’s collection to support that academic discipline.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Participate in campus and district professional activities; which may include, but are not limited to, committee membership and staff meetings.
6. Assist in the development and maintenance of online library tutorials and the library’s web pages.
7. Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
|Minimum Education and Experience||Master’s in library science, library and information science, OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2017 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
|Desirable Qualifications||1. Experience providing instruction in an academic library.
2. Familiarity with information competency/literacy concepts and programs.
3. Awareness of various learning styles and teaching strategies.
4. Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with students, faculty and staff including those who have not had an opportunity to use new technologies.
5. Willingness to facilitate student’s learning by working to develop varied and innovative learning environments.
6. Experience with HTML, CSS, Social Media technologies and web/mobile apps, multimedia and presentation software, including key web applications like Libguides 2 and online tutorials like Captivate.
7. Experience teaching classes utilizing effective search strategies to access resource.
8. Experience developing and teaching online courses.
9. Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills.
10. Interest and experience in promoting library services to a multicultural population.
11. Experience with Blackboard or other web course management software.
12. Demonstrated commitment to equity in education and socially justice practices.
13. Commitment to culturally responsive pedagogy and assessment that engages a diverse student population.
14. Experience collaborating with faculty to incorporate information competency into campus curriculum using an equity lens.
15. Evidence of delivering library instruction, services and resources to diverse populations.
16. Experience collaborating with leaning communities including First Year Experience, Puente, Umoja/Daraja, STEM, and other programs serving diverse student populations.
17. Experience developing information literacy related assignments and activities that address students’ achievement gaps.
|Job Work Schedule||This position is full-time, temporary leave replacement, for Fall Semester 2017. Employment will begin on or about August 10, 2017.|
|Physical Demands and Working Environment||Individuals with disabilities who are unable to carry out the physical activities of the position will receive reasonable accommodations to enable them to perform the essential functions of the position.|
Posting Detail Information
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Applicants who have taught over 67% of a full time load with Chabot-Las Positas Community College District within the last three years shall not be considered for a temporary leave replacement position pursuant to section 87481 of the California Education Code.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
|Notification to Applicants||The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.|
|Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement||The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- The following essay is intended to seek information regarding your ability to teach Library skills. Please write an essay of 200-250 words that discusses how to implement the concepts of information competency for traditional and non traditional students, both in an online as well as in a campus environment. Please upload your response under the required document labeled “Response to Supplemental Question #1”.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Response to Supplemental Question 1
- Equivalency Statement
Every applicant is required to complete an official online application form and all documents specified in the job posting for each vacant position and attest to its accuracy. Please provide complete responses on the application. Applications are not maintained for filing with future vacant positions. It is the responsibility of the applicant to present materials together, as a whole packet, per the requirements noted in the job posting. Applications must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (PST) on the application deadline date indicated in the job posting. The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position. SPECIAL NOTE: If you need to edit your job application on or before the closing date of the Job Posting, please contact the Office of Human Resources. DO NOT withdraw your application to make edits. Once you withdraw your application, you will NOT be able to resubmit an application for the same Job Posting. The Office of Human Resources is open during normal business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to assist you with the application process.