This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt position, with benefits, reporting to the Provost.
Summary Job Description
The Dean of Library Services provides innovative and collaborative leadership for all aspects of library operations, management, and strategic planning. Areas of responsibility include oversight of library services and programs that support student learning, as well as faculty teaching and research; resource management; management of user services and library systems; assessment of library services; and management of the library team. Great opportunity for an entrepreneurial, creative individual. Preferred start date of January 1, 2018.
Qualifications and Skills
- An ALA-accredited MLIS is required
- Experience in increasingly responsible administrative positions during the past five years
- Supervisory experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong commitment to excellent public service and user experience
- Experience with information literacy standards
- Experience with an integrated library system, preferably OCLC’s WMS
- Ability to set priorities, direct work, manage time, and multi-task
- Ability to problem solve and be adaptable in changing situations
- Understanding of regional accreditation requirements
- Understanding of current library trends in academic settings
Complete job description at: http://www.menlo.edu/employment-opportunities/dean-of-library-services/