Are you a librarian who likes to inspire and lead in a fast-paced, future-focused academic library? Do you enjoy managing projects that can improve the lives of thousands of motivated adult learners? If so, we have the perfect job for you! Bridgepoint is looking to implement innovative solutions that improve access to the Ashford University Library’s and University of the Rockies Library’s electronic resources and services in support of student learning. We are seeking an energetic, forward-thinking Library Director to develop and manage these solutions, lead the library team’s involvement in curriculum development and instruction, oversee the Library’s instructional media creation and implementation, guide reference services and outreach initiatives, and direct a team of innovative librarians across these two excellent universities.
Located in San Diego. Click here to view the official job posting and to apply: https://www.bridgepointeducation.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=11979
The Bridgepoint Education, Director of Library Services position is a full-time employment opportunity. The Director of Library Services shall lead the organization’s Library Services team, particularly through development and implementation of a strategic plan aligned with organizational priorities. This professional leads the development and implementation of the budget, allocation of resources, information literacy initiatives, personalized services, scalable solutions, collections development and evaluation, and assessment of the effectiveness of library strategies. This leader is comfortable with, and skilled at, a variety of technologies consistent with the best practices of online Library Services. The Director of Library Services is proficient at supporting Library Services across a variety of locations, while leading a diverse team of professionals. This innovative, leading edge, and forward thinking Director of Library Services position is grounded in the best qualities of traditional libraries and libraries designed to serve today’s learners in an online environment. S/he effectively maximizes practices consistent with the User Experience. This individual must embrace high quality library services, student-centered solutions, and a commitment to responding to the needs of all learners. This professional must also be a continuous learner who is comfortable learning new technologies and in developing effective approaches to supporting learners often described as nontraditional and who balance competing priorities while pursuing academic goals.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and implement a clear vision for the organization’s Library Services.
- Develop and lead strategic planning for Library Services.
- Lead the integration of best practices relative to the User Experience into all Library Services functions.
- Develop and oversee the budget and allocation of resources.
- Lead the development and implementation of an assessment and evaluation plan.
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to develop and report on key performance indicators.
- Lead the identification and collection of data needed for measuring the impact of library strategies, strategic planning, and for reporting purposes.
- Lead collaboration efforts across academic units to inform library decision making, prioritizing, and allocation of resources.
- Oversee the development, delivery, and assessment of personalized student supports, including reference services.
- Oversee the development, delivery, and assessment of scalable solutions, including curriculum and instruction strategies, webinars, and tools and documents for dissemination through the Library websites.
- Collaborate in the analyses of collections through usage statistics for current holdings, analysis of alignment of collection with programs and curriculum, and evaluations of potential new acquisitions.
- Oversee library marketing and outreach initiatives that target students, faculty and staff.
- Oversee library liaison relationships with various stakeholders.
- Lead a diverse team of professionals.
- Represent Library Services at key meetings.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Face-to-face and virtual presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Experience as an effective leader at an established academic Library.
- History of success with the development and implementation of a vision, mission, strategic plan, and assessment plan.
- Experience leading a diverse team of librarian professionals.
- Experience working with faculty and other stakeholders on instructional initiatives.
- Experience managing library staff.
- Experience supporting students through reference services.
- Works well independently.
- Takes initiative to successfully identify and prioritize tasks.
- Skilled in creating positive professional relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Skilled at presenting to a variety of stakeholders representing academic and business perspectives.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in information literacy.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Proven dedication to student learning and success.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including written and oral.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
- Proficiency with modern information technology.
- Experience with non-traditional, first-generation college students.
- Experience servicing a diverse student body.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution
If a degree or education credit minimum is required for the position, all education must be conferred by a regionally accredited or approved nationally accredited institution. All candidates must provide proof of higher education (official transcripts) upon request.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.
It is the policy of Bridgepoint Education to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin or citizenship, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, and compensation. In addition, Bridgepoint Education will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.