San Mateo County Community College District
Librarian – Outreach and Equity (Full-time Tenure-Track Faculty Position)
Posting Number: 2014150F
Department: Academic Support & LT SKY (DEPT)
Location: Skyline College
Position Number: 2F0126
Percentage of Full Time: The work year is 175 days (10 month of service).
Months per Year: 10
Salary Range: –
Position Type: Faculty
San Mateo County Community College District values the principles of diversity and equity. We provide our students with a rich and dynamic learning community that embraces differences, emphasizing collaboration and engaging students in and out of the classroom, encouraging them to realize their goals, and to become critical thinkers and socially responsible leaders. Skyline College seeks employees who value working in a collegial, collaborative environment, guided by a commitment to helping all students achieve success.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide focused support for the delivery of library instruction, services, and resources to diverse populations at Skyline College. The librarian also participates in other essential work areas including reference, information literacy instruction, and collection development. This position requires self-direction, flexibility, ability to work well with others as part of a team, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment. This assignment may include evening and weekend hours.
Start date of this assignment: Fall 2017
- Master’s degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science, or the equivalent (see below).
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The screening committee will select for interview candidates from among those applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum requirements, give evidence of any or all of the following:
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role of libraries and librarians in the community college.
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize, and effectively multi-task in a dynamic and flexible environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including engaging presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing, teaching, and assessing information literacy instruction and other library instruction for face-to-face or online courses.
- Experience delivering reference and other instructional services in synchronous and asynchronous modalities.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation and technical support of library electronic resources such as databases, integrated library systems, discovery layers, etc.
- Knowledge of open educational resources (OER ) and other textbook affordability strategies and initiatives.
- Experience planning, implementing, and evaluating library events and programs.
- Experience supervising or coordinating paraprofessionals or student employees.
- Demonstrated ability to write grants, manage projects, and/or coordinate events.
- Demonstrated ability to assume leadership roles, developing programs, and/or engagement in participatory governance.
- American Library Association (ALA) accredited master’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Science.
- Experience with reference, instruction, and collection development for Baccalaureate (BA) degree programs.
First Review Date: 06/13/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1012371
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.