LAC Group seeks a Law Librarian to provide legal research for our client, a global law firm with offices in San Francisco CA. The Librarian will provide research and support attorneys. This position is a full-time employment opportunity.
- Strong reference capabilities and the ability to perform electronic resources management.
- Provide support for attorneys and paralegals with research into local, State and Federal law. This requires exploration into all areas of the firm’s fields of practice. Including, but not limited to: Litigation, Tax, Corporate and Securities, Intellectual Property, Employment, and Real Property and Construction Litigation.
- Develop a knowledge of practice areas and specific projects, and work proactively to provide information and news as it develops.
- Assist with training Summer Associates in legal research tools and strategies, and help familiarize newly minted attorneys to the practice of law and expectations of a large law firm environment.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of business and news information resources.
- Research and retrieve primary and secondary local, state and federal materials.
- Research other materials not in legal databases that support attorney strategies and requirements.
- Identify and provide practice guide materials as appropriate to specific issues and needs.
- Research both past and ongoing legislative developments in a variety of industries.
- Assist in the evaluation of information resources that support the firm’s practice areas.
- Synthesize various types of search results and types of documents into a coherent and concise package.
- Monitor clients, competitors, industries, economic projections and trends.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a law firm or professional services environment that supports attorneys.
- Proficiency with online legal, business and industry resources such as Lexis, Westlaw, Monitor Suite and Bloomberg is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
To apply, please visit: https://lac-group.secure.force.com/LIBGIG/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0E1200000O25VvEAJ&tSource=