Title: Research Librarian
Reports to: Executive Director
The Research Librarian fulfills a key role in the society’s work. This position bears primary responsibility for all library and research efforts. Primary responsibility for volunteers and exhibits.
- Manages the society’s library and research
- Has primary responsibility for recruiting, training, and directing volunteers
- Plans and mounts exhibits
- Designs/writes triannual newsletter
- Assists the Executive Director with planning, events, and administration.
- All other duties as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet all assigned deadlines
- Ability to attend after hours meetings, as assigned.
- Ability to work in small intimate office setting collaboratively, i.e. be a team player
- Willingness to familiarize him/herself with the NCHS leadership including the Boards of Directors and other area community members.
- Professional dress and comportment at all times
- Superb customer service skills
- A helpful attitude
- Able to carry up to 50 pounds without difficulty
- Able to stand for long periods of time
Master’s in Library Science from an accredited program, preferably with archival or collections experience. Part time/ hourly, regular hire. Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cv and cover letter.