A fast-paced acupuncture and integrative medicine college in Berkeley, CA is seeking a qualified Librarian to be responsible for the on-campus library and learning resource center, as well as the online database. Candidates must be team players possessing excellent time management and customer service skills, and a positive, can-do attitude.
Under minimal supervision, the Librarian is responsible for the organization, planning, and implementation of the books and learning materials in the Library and online. Qualified candidates will also possess the ability to plan, organize, direct, and implement a library program; prepare and administer a budget; communicate effectively; supervise, train, and evaluate staff; and maintain effective work relationships.
Reports to: Academic Dean
Job Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor Degree required; MLS a plus.
- Experience working in an academic, public, or medical library a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of or interest in acupuncture and Oriental Medicine a plus.
- Knowledge and use of general office equipment: multi-line phone, copier, printer, fax machine, audio-visual equipment, etc.
- Computer skills: MS Office required.
- Maintain library inventory.
- Assess and develop library collections.
- Implement a Library collection development plan in conjunction with the Library committee.
- Select and implement an effective Integrated Library System.
- Manage and execute cataloging and processing procedures for incoming library materials.
- Maintain a functional circulation system.
- Ensure that appropriate technology is available in the Library to meet the changing needs of the AIMC Berkeley community.
- Develop an online library presence that includes relevant content and information architecture for the website.
- Build relationships with local Oriental Medicine colleges and universities for consortia benefits.
- Assist students and teachers in location of print and non-print resources.
- Develop and implement effective measures to enhance security of library collections.
- Check books and materials in and out to students and teachers using the computerized circulation system.
- Maintain records of overdues, lost books, and fines.
- Direct student assistants in assigned duties.
- Reporting all relevant accounting and financial issues to the Accounting Department.
- In conjunction with the Academic Dean, develop programs for information literacy skills in support of the academic and professional success of the AIMC Berkeley community.
- Respond to information requests of faculty and administration.
- Implement procedures to enhance library services.
- Perform additional duties, as required.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to engage in regular light physical activity such as reaching, bending, and moving books and equipment (30 lbs. or less).
- Ability to use the computer for extended periods of time.
- Note: Environment may be exposed to fumes from moxibustion treatment.
This is a part time, hourly (approximately 16 hours per week), permanent position. Schedule is flexible between Monday and Thursday. Compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
About AIMC Berkeley:
Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine College, Berkeley is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to the development of caring, proficient, and successful practitioners who serve the community and the Oriental medicine profession worldwide by treating illness and promoting health and wellness. AIMC Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please reply to ad with a letter of interest, a resume or CV, and salary requirement. Email to email@example.com.