LibGig, an LAC Group Company seeks a Part-time Library Assistant to work from Monday through Thursday from approximately 4:30pm to 8:00pm in an academic library in West Los Angeles. We are looking for a responsible employee, with excellent customer service skills, to staff the circulation desk for these hours. The Assistant duties include receiving, processing, distributing and circulating information materials.
- Staff the circulation desk during set hours to assist with check-in and check-out of materials;
- Provide basic reference and help patrons navigate the library;
- May process books, journals, subscription orders and other multimedia material requests as needed;
- May require some light lifting and shelving/stacking of books in the library. Work is primarily performed indoors in a normal office environment.
- College Degree or College Certificate in Library Technology is required, some library school/experience is preferred;
- Must have prior experience working in a library, prior academic/school library experience preferred;
- Prior experience working in circulation and reference is a plus;
- Excellent communications skills are required;
- Customer Service focused.
Please apply online at: https://goo.gl/JVwt7o
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.