Chabot-Las Positas Community College District
Pay Starts at: $52.24/hr.
We will begin reviewing applications starting on September 8, 2017.
Open Until Filled.
Chabot College is seeking an adjunct librarian to be in an on-going pool or to substitute as needed. Hours can include evenings or weekends. Chabot librarians teach effective research strategies in print and online resources and provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, classified professionals, and faculty.
Master’s in library science, or library and information science, or the equivalent. Candidates must demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with information competency/literacy concepts and programs
- Experience providing instruction in an academic library
- Experience teaching classes utilizing effective search strategies to access resource
- Awareness of various learning styles and teaching strategies
- Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with students, faculty and classified professionals including those who have not had an opportunity to use new technologies
- Willingness to facilitate students’ learning by working to develop varied and innovative learning environments
- Interest in promoting library services to a multicultural population
- Experience with HTML, multimedia and presentation software
- Experience with Libguides and various electronic databases
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
To be considered, please forward the following:
- Cover letter addressing minimum and desirable qualifications for the position
- Resume of all professional preparation and experience
- College transcripts (unofficial copies may be submitted for application purposes; however, official copies must be submitted before hiring.) Any degrees earned outside the United States must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application.
- CLPCCD application available at http://www.clpccd.org/HR/documents/PTFacultyApplication41414.pdf-fillable.pdf
Submit application packet to:
Heather Hernandez, Library Specialist, Chabot College