Salary Range: $1651.20 to $3383.20 Bi-weekly
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
The Media Library Professional 3 performs a full range of complex research responsibilities associated with conducting a statewide comprehensive program to inform the public of the activities and objectives of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) – California Tobacco Control Program (CTCP). This position is responsible for developing a library system that will serve as the repository for literature and other media related information. The Media Library Professional 3 will research and substantiate all advertising, media materials, and social media used by the statewide media campaign. The incumbent will review, analyze, and synthesize existing literature, and translate complex results of new cutting-edge research into language easy to understand and ready for general public consumption. In collaboration with other professionals, the position is responsible for translating complex scientific findings and concepts into accessible and engaging copy for print and digital media, including website content, brief articles, social media posts and data visualizations. In addition, the incumbent may formulate new resources such as the media library or other databases.
- Demonstrated research experience, preferably in library sciences, health sciences or a related field and knowledge of current developments in these fields.
- Thorough understanding of library or health sciences databases and resources. Demonstrated ability to educate end-users on how to navigate those resources.
- Strong demonstrated teaching skills. Demonstrated ability to develop content and/or translate complex professional/ technical research information into understandable messages and talking points for both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Thorough knowledge of data management and documentation methods used in scientific research. Focused learning in systematic reviews and meta-analysis/synthesis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and skills with library’s technical applications, including those related to circulations, statistics, web development, and cataloging. Demonstrated experience in searching electronic databases including PubMed, PsychINFO, Communication Abstracts for relevant literature.
- Experience performing literature searches, summaries, and syntheses and interpreting field research.
- Excellent writing and editing skills for consumer oriented materials.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree in Library Sciences, Health Science, Communication or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in California State Government and in tobacco control.
- THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT.
- May require travel both in and out-of-state as required to conduct research provide technical assistance, training, and disseminate information.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Requisition number #051677
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer