Position: Library Technical Assistant III
Position Code: 3972
Department: Armacost Library
Months/Hours: 12 Month/40 Hour
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday : Sunday , 12:00-9pm ; Monday -Tuesday, 3pm-midnight ; Wednesday- Thursday , 10am-7pm during fall and spring semesters. Hours vary during May Term and summer months. Hours are subject to change depending on needs of the department.
Starting Salary Range: $16.32 per hour
Introductory Period: Six months
Posting Date: February 2, 2018
Application Deadline: February 16, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
Description: The Armacost Library seeks a reliable and service-oriented person to join our access services team. Staff members in access services are responsible for supporting patron-centered service as it pertains to circulation, resource sharing, course reserves, stacks maintenance, and building access and use. Primary responsibilities include processing course reserves, including communicating with faculty, TAs and administrative assistants; training and directing the work of student staff; billing; and documentation and statistical reporting. All members of the access services team participate in training student staff; contribute to the development of documentation and training materials; and identify opportunities for service improvements. In addition to their regular duties, the person in this position may participate in library-wide committees/teams/groups or projects and will perform other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist patrons in finding materials and resolve patron problems related to circulation functions.
- Manage and process course reserves, including applying fair use principles and communicating with faculty.
- In collaboration with co-workers, coordinate activities, instruct, and complete performance evaluation of student workers.
- Provide information in person, via email, and over the telephone.
- Secure/close the building and maintain overall safety of the library.
- Participate in oversight of stacks maintenance and re-shelving; update shelf labels.
- Audit and maintain cash box; oversee courtesy, overdue and billing notices.
- Contribute to team by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Maintain department confidence and safeguard operations by keeping information confidential.
- Adhere to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with at least two years of current library experience ( within five years ), or an associates degree (or equivalent 72 quarter hours/48 semester hours) with one year current library experience, and proficiency with an integrated library system (preferably ExLibris Alma). Considerable knowledge of library access services, systems, procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline; work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, faculty and students. Must be able to competently interact with a diverse population of students, staff and faculty. In compliance with The Americans with Disability Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
To Apply: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRStaffEmployment/. Applications received after the deadline specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
For more information, call 909/748-8040 or visit: http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/
The University of Redlands is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from the community, alumni, and the general public.