The University of California, Merced seeks a Digitization Coordinator who is responsible for managing digitization workflows for scanning and conversion of archival information resources and loading of digital objects and metadata in the library’s digital asset management system. The Digitization Coordinator hires, trains, and supervises student employees to perform digitization duties and works with vendors to digitize special formats as needed.
Note: This position is expected to last at least 3 years and is contingent upon funding.
- Two or more years of college level course work or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in the use of digitization technologies, including digital cameras; flatbed, film and feed scanners; OCR, and image editing software; file formats and standards.
- Familiarity with audio and video digitization and conversion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals.
- Exemplifies excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, and effective interaction with the public in a library setting.
- Maintains complete discretion, confidentiality, sensitivity and professional judgment.
- Works effectively in a fast-paced work environment and demonstrates excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work and complete assignments independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient in use of cross-platform computer programs; demonstrates knowledge in the innovative use of information technologies in support of primary duties.
- Demonstrates skill in hiring, training, and supervising student employees in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Knowledgeable in the use of complex library systems and procedures.
- Available to work night and weekend shifts.
- Background in photography, graphic arts, media production, or information management.
- Experience handling different formats of archives and special collections materials, including documents, photographs, maps, negatives, slides, film, audio/video tapes.
- Experience with LIMB, Capture One Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Light room.
- Experience with digital assets management systems and collections management systems.
- Supervisory and/or management experience overseeing complex processes.
Review of applications will begin on February 22, 2018. Apply here: https://jobs.ucmerced.edu/n/staff/position.jsf?positionId=7959