Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
|Position Title:||Technical Services & Digital Asset Librarian/Assistant Professor|
|Job listing number|
|Position Type:||Full-Time Faculty/Counselor/Librarian|
|Student Position Type|
|Student Employment Location/Department|
|Physical location of the position:||Moreno Valley|
|If off-site, please specify location.|
Tenure Track (Faculty)
|If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week|
|Salary Range:||Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6|
|Salary Amount:||$64,658 – $99,621 (includes pro-rata compensation for ten (10) required additional service days)|
|Is this position categorically (grant) funded?||No|
|If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through:|
|Department Specific Needs:|
|Basic Function:||Basic Function:
Moreno Valley College is seeking enthusiastic, service-oriented candidates for the position of Technical Services & Digital Assets Librarian / Assistant Professor. Under the leadership of the Dean of Instruction, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for the Moreno Valley College library Integrated Library System (ILS), including any updates and/or migrations, integrate the ILS with other library services and resources, identify and promote open educational resources, as well as participate in reference, library instruction, and collection development.
American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s degree in Library Science or Library Information Science, or an equivalent advanced degree.
Minimum of two years of experience in a library setting performing technical services and cataloging functions.
Experience providing reference and instruction in an academic library setting.
Strong written and oral communication skills.PREFERRED QUALICATIONSExperience with Innovative’s Millennium Integrated Library System and knowledge of alternative ILS systems;
Recent experience migrating and implementing an ILS system in a multi-college district;
Familiarity with creation of research guides, using formats such as Springshare’s Libguides, as well as multi-media and interactive platforms.
Experience with diverse students.
|Other:||Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).|
|Duties and Responsibilities:||Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the daily operation of the Library’s Online Integrated Library System, including any ILS migrations;
15. Maintain standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
|Duties and Responsibilities – Continued:|
|Duties and Responsibilities: – Continued|
|Conditions of Employment:||Conditions of Employment:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintain broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District’s Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Georgina Villasenor, 3801 Market street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8595.
|Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:|
|Required Applicant Documents:||Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
|Optional Applicant Documents:||Other Document
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
|Effective Employment Date:||August 2018|
|Special Comments:||IMPORTANT NOTICES:
Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
|Application Types Accepted:||Faculty Application|