Cal Poly is calling! Seeking a director of library information technology.
Cal Poly is seeking a Director of Library Information Technology to join our dynamic and forward-looking library management team, with the opportunity to build and reinvent library technology from the ground up by actively participating in planning a $55M full building renovation.
As a member of the Library Management Team, the Library Information Technology Director plays a strategic role in leadership, planning, management, and implementation of innovative and responsive library systems, applications, and technology services that support the teaching, learning, and research activities of Cal Poly.
- Reports Directly to the Dean of Library Services
- Plays a strategic role in leadership, planning, management, and implementation of innovative and responsive library systems, applications, and technology services that support the teaching, learning, and research activities of Cal Poly
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of existing systems
- Guides and supports the selection, adoption, and technical integration of emerging library technologies, automated systems, and digital initiatives
- Responsible and accountable for providing technology leadership, developing and managing a staff of IT professionals and student assistants
About Library Information Technology
7 Direct Reports to the Director of Library IT
- 2 Workstation Specialists
- Lead Applications Programmer and Integrator
- Digital Media Specialist
- Designer for Web, Graphics and UX
- Library Applications Specialist
- Server Specialist
A Successful Candidate Will Have Had Accomplishments In The Following:
- Innovative, forward thinking and collaborative team player
- Embracing a dynamic and forward looking library management team
- Open, transparent, direct, and collaborative communication style
- Leadership skills in developing and managing IT professionals and student assistants
- People management skills especially holding people accountable for their work
- Experience managing a $300k – $500k budget
Minimum Qualifications, Education And Experience:
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in an academic or research library or related technology field, including at least five years of progressively responsible management and supervisory experience
The entire job posting is available @ https://www.calpolyjobs.org/applicants/Central?quickFind=166757
About Robert E. Kennedy Library
Integrating traditional library resources and services with digital tools, the Robert E. Kennedy Library continuously adapts its services, programs, and spaces to meet the evolving academic programs, research interests, and needs of the university community. Providing access to information resources, classrooms, computer labs, an expansive 24-hour space, and an array of group and individual study spaces, Kennedy Library is a magnet for students and faculty alike. Annual visitors exceed 1.5 million. Kennedy Library’s innovative peer-to-peer learning and reference program simultaneously leverages the benefits of student-to-student learning and Cal Poly’s signature pedagogical ethos of Learn by Doing. In 2014 the Kennedy Library received the prestigious ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries award. The library partners with campus organizations to promote faculty development and student success, including several that are located in the library: the Center for Teaching, Learning & Technology; the University Writing & Rhetoric Center; the Academic Skills Center; and the Honors Program. In testimony to the perceived value of the Kennedy Library across the entire campus, various stakeholders and the library are in the process of strategizing, planning and launching a $55M full building renovation, which will increase the library’s ability to provide services and spaces to further support student and faculty success.
As part of the CSU system, Cal Poly offers a very generous benefits package, including the following:
- Enrollment in CalPERS (Public Employee Retirement System)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance at competitive rates or no cost to employee
- Program to allow employee or an eligible family member to attend classes at any of the CSUs for reduced fees
- More information is available on the Cal Poly benefits page https://afd.calpoly.edu/hr/benefits/
U.S. News Names Cal Poly Best in the West for 24th Consecutive Year
Cal Poly is ranked as the No. 1 public, master’s-level university in the West by U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges guidebook again this year – a ranking awarded to Cal Poly every year since 1993.
The 2017 guidebook lists Cal Poly in a tie with Saint Mary’s College for ninth place overall in the West of regional universities, public and private. This is up from 10th place last year.
“Our continued inclusion in the prestigious U.S. News rankings is a testament to the Cal Poly community’s unwavering passion for providing the best possible Learn by Doing experience for all of our students,” said Cal Poly President Jeffrey D. Armstrong. “Only through our faculty’s innovation and dedication to Learn by Doing; our staff members’ commitment to daily excellence; and our alumni, industry and friends’ support are we able to help our students become the industry and community leaders of tomorrow.”
About San Luis Obispo, CA
On January 27, 2011, Oprah named San Luis Obispo America’s happiest city. Take a sneak peek of the town you too can seek happiness in. http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Happiest-City-in-America-San-Luis-Obispo-Video
To Apply Directly, Send Resume To:
After you send your resume, you may apply directly online as well at: