The Orange County Campus of FIDM in Irvine, CA is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Library Assistant, Instruction & Reverse Services to provide excellent public service in a team-oriented library. The Library Specialist will report directly to the Head Librarian of the OC Campus and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Direct and supervise the activities of the branch Library when Head Librarian is unavailable.
- Perform technical services to include: original and copy cataloging for all Library materials.
- Work directly with faculty to support curriculum with presentations, research or special projects.
- Provide reference services and basic library skills instruction to all Library users.
- Answer questions in the Library, either in-person, via telephone, or library e-mail.
- Assist in developing and delivering in-person presentations that integrate information literacy into the curriculum.
- Assist in Collection Development.
- Check in and process serial subscriptions.
- Assist students in basic troubleshooting procedures on computers, printers, scanners, and photocopiers.
- Perform shelf reading and shelving duties.
- Participate in events in support of the Library; including, but not limited to: Library tours, presentations, lecture support, reference support, teams, and newsletters, etc.
- Provide support at Circulation Desk as assigned.
- Assist in annual inventory.
- Participate in the library Social Media networking and Portal sites.
- Help maintain the appearance and functionality of the Library.
This is a 30 hour per week position plus select benefits.
Some evening hours require and must be able to work occasional weekend day for special events.
Specialist, Instruction and Reference Services
Head Librarian, Branch Campus
Assist Head Librarian in directing and supervising the operations and maintenance of the branch Library in support of the FIDM and Library Mission Statements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate at the Intermediate Skill Level with competency in those tasks determined necessary for the position.
Preferably a minimum of one (1) year library experience, preferably at the college level.
Minimum BA degree and current or soon to be enrolled in accredited Masters in Library Science program preferred.
FIDM is an equal opportunity employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinances.