Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA is interested in hiring a Public Services Evening Supervisor in the main undergraduate campus library. The Payson Library Public Services Evening Supervisor is to provide excellent customer service while remaining mindful of the Pepperdine University mission and ethic. This position oversees evening library operations and closing of the library, and works cooperatively with other departments in the library.
- Oversee evening library operations and closing of the library
- Work cooperatively with other departments in the library to provide excellent customer service for students, faculty, staff and other patrons
- Communicate with University faculty and assist in the ordering, processing, and maintenance of the reserves and electronic reserves systems
- Process interlibrary loan materials and requests received through ILLIAD system; process Camino consortial borrowing materials and requests received through the NRE system
- Show initiative in addressing workflow problems and anticipating changes in patron needs
- Oversee public copy machines and network printers
- Keep accurate and complete circulation statistics in Google docs; cover information/checkout desk
- Advise students and faculty in the general use of subject databases, and recognize when research questions need to be forwarded to the Payson Librarians
- Ability to lift and carry at least 40lbs., use stairs and move library book trucks full of books.
- Supervise student circulation workers in the evening and straighten library furniture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
This position requires a flexible work schedule patterned after the Seaver College academic schedule. Fall and Spring semester evening hours are 6PM-3AM Sunday-Thursday.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Two years of college required. Excellent customer service, communication, and time management skills; must be able to work efficiently without direct supervision. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel, Google suite, internet and email.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening.
This is a regular, non-exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience