Electronic Resources Librarian
California State University, Fresno
Senior Assistant Librarian – 12 Month
The Henry Madden Library at California State University, Fresno is seeking a creative, flexible and innovative individual to join our faculty as lead in the management of our electronic resources. This full-time, tenure-track librarian will primarily be responsible for the management, acquisition, and activation of electronic resources. Working closely with the collection development librarian and the liaison program, this position will lead selection, assessment and initiation of product trials, manage licenses, maintain linking to electronic resources, facilitate training opportunities for the library, and monitor access problems. The electronic resources librarian will be the primary contact for vendors and must effectively communicate pertinent information about electronic resources to the library and campus community. As a lead role in Library Technology and Collection Development Department, this position will work closely with library leadership to develop an assessment plan for electronic resources to ensure the collection is meeting the needs of the University. In addition, library faculty are expected to engage in scholarship and service to the University and the profession. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to explore a variety of directions for professional growth and development. Attractive salary and benefits package for qualified candidates.
Required Education: MLIS or equivalent from an ALA accredited program.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff and students from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and;
- Two years relevant experience managing electronic resources in an academic library or similar setting.
- Experience with acquisitions, licensing, and collection development;
- Experience managing vendor relations;
- Project management experience;
- Experience in a supervisory or lead role within an academic library setting;
- Experience working in consortial environments.
Application Procedures: Review of applications will begin 8/1/2018, and will continue until the position is filled, to ensure consideration apply by this date. To apply, applicants must complete an on-line application at jobs.fresnostate.edu and attach the following:
- Statement addressing your commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds,
- a cover letter specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications,
- a curriculum vitae,
- list of three professional references.
Upon request, finalists will be required to submit: three current letters of recommendation and official transcripts.
For inquiries, contact:
Matthew Doyle, Search Committee Chair, California State University at Fresno, Henry Madden Library; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org