Chabot-Las Positas Community College District
Pay Starts at: $54.24/hr.
Submit materials As soon as possible.
Hours: 25 to 30 hours a week during a regular semester. (flexibility with telecommuting)
The part-time librarian would be working with Chabot Library staff in its future migration to the California Community Colleges’ statewide Alma/Primo Library Services Platform (aka Integrated Library System with a Discovery front end). The librarian would attend webinars/training related to the migration, take a role in working with and training Library staff with the migration, maintain the current Library services platform (Worldshare Management Service with EBSCOhost Discovery Service as its front end), and strive to ensure that Chabot’s diverse body of students have access to materials through the Library Services Platform.
Minimum Qualifications are:
- a Master’s in library science, or library and information science, or the equivalent.
- Experience working with a Library Services Platform or Integrated Library System, both front end and back end
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
- Knowledge of other Library-related systems such as EBSCOhost Discovery System, Libguides, EZProxy and Stackmap.
- Experience working in academic or public libraries.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Experience with linking Library Services Platform records to database articles, Ebooks, Ebook chapters and other electronic resources.
- Able to work with Librarians, library technicians, faculty and students in a collaborative team environment.
- Familiarity of Library workflows that utilize a Library Services Platform
- Experience in the training of technologies, software and/or databases including working with administrative back ends
To be considered, please forward the following:
- Cover letter addressing minimum and desirable qualifications for the position
- Resume of all professional preparation and experience
- College transcripts (unofficial copies may be submitted for application purposes; however, official copies must be submitted before hiring.) Any degrees earned outside the United States must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application.
- CLPCCD application available at http://www.clpccd.org/HR/
documents/ PTFacultyApplication41414.pdf- fillable.pdf
Submit packets to:
Heather Hernandez, Library Specialist, Chabot College HHernandez@chabotcollege.edu
Candidates invited to interview may be required to present a brief teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.