Job Position: Access Service Supervisor
The Holy Names University Cushing Library seeks a creative, dynamic, team-oriented individual for Access Services Supervisor. Primary responsibilities include management of all aspects of the Library’s Access Services Department, including the day-to-day operation of the department, collection maintenance, the online circulation system, facilities maintenance, interlibrary loan/document delivery services, and serves as the assistant to the University Librarian. The Access Services Supervisor hires, trains and supervises student workers. Some weekend and/or evening work may be required.
What will you do at Holy Names University?
- Serve as the primary contact with students, faculty and other library patrons on library policy and procedure including handling complaints
- Maintain online circulation records on the integrated library system
- Monitor circulation of all library materials including check-out, return, and organization of library materials
- Collect and compile monthly circulation statistics and submit to the University Librarian in a timely manner
- Assist in coordinating special events.
- Track department budget accounts and office supplies, record expenditures and facilitate supply orders according to established procedures. Process invoices for payment.
- Supervises student assistants, assigning and supervising student work relevant to maintaining good stacks condition, efficient circulation procedures, library security, etc.
- Advertise, interview, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student worker positions
- Coordinate student budget with Financial Aid Office
- Oversees the effective management of all aspects of Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services including establishing goals, implementing procedures, and planning workflow and processes
- Assist, prepare, maintain, and verify all financial and statistical records using appropriate technology
- Prepares book orders, verifies book deliveries against invoices and maintains records of book acquisitions
- Oversees book processing
- Coordinate donations with Development Office and record donations onto spreadsheet
- Maintain and order all library supplies as needed
- Attends and participates in committee meetings, workshops, and conferences
- Assist in the development and/or revision of policies and procedures; distribute copies to appropriate individuals; update Procedure and Policy manuals as required
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- High school diploma (required)
- College course work (desired)
- Minimum 2 years library work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of advanced responsibility and/or supervisory experience
We are looking for candidates who also have:
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills and the ability to deal effectively with the pubic
- Ability to work well with constant interruptions
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of general library procedures
- Develop and maintain expertise in a constantly changing technological environment
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Creative, flexible and willing to learn and embrace change