Posting 6326 at Golden Gate University, San Francisco
Basic Function and Scope of Job
Summary: Responsible for providing reference and instruction services to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and others through a variety in-person and remote methods. Serve as liaison to assigned subject areas. Participate in collection development. Schedule is evening-based, 20 hours/week, and may include one weekend shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide research assistance services to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other library users in-person and remotely.
- Serve as a subject specialist and liaison for assigned disciplines and maintain effective communication with faculty in liaison areas.
- Maintain liaison-related LibGuides.
- Provide in-person and online research instruction to classes and other library users as needed.
- Guide library assistants in navigating policy questions, complaints, and security issues as needed.
- Collaborate with library staff and GGU faculty to evaluate, select, and deselect materials in all relevant media; especially those in liaison areas.
- Participate in Business Library planning, assessment, and evaluation.
- Collaborate with staff in peer training and other staff development needs.
- Participate in other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In addition, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited program.
- At least one year of professional experience providing reference and instruction services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency with English grammar and spelling.
- Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills; ability to work both independently and as a team member on a variety of simultaneous projects.
- Ability to communicate with and relate to an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Business resource content knowledge or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of business reference and experience providing reference support to business students and others in professional practice education.
- Experience providing reference and instruction in an academic library to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
- Experience providing reference and instruction to remotely-situated patrons utilizing a variety of appropriate technologies
To apply: Please go to http://www.ggu.edu/jobs and submit an application, letter of interest, and a resume.
In applying for a position, candidates sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Golden Gate University is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
University policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, gender stereotyping, and gender identity, taking a protected leave (e.g. family medical or pregnancy leave), or on any other basis protected by applicable laws.
The University has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all especially women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Golden Gate University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Golden Gate University Report, please go to http://www.ggu.edu/media/employee/documents/facilities/street-smarts-annual-security-report.pdf.