Sacramento City College is seeking a Public Services Librarian, to begin in August 2019. The position closes March 11, 2019.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to:
- Providing equity-minded leadership in the development, assessment and continuous improvement of the library’s face-to-face and online information literacy instruction.
- Providing reference and information services to students and staff.
- Maintaining up-to-date instruction materials for library resources, including print and online publications and services.
- Selecting materials in subject areas for print and electronic collections.
- Utilizing current and emerging technology in reference and instruction duties.
- Developing online learning tools.
- Providing services and monitoring student access to library resources at the college’s outreach centers in Davis and West Sacramento.
- Instructing students in credit courses.
- Developing training for librarians and library support staff.
- Developing and coordinating programs to market library resources and services to students and faculty.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The college has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
For more information and to apply, please visit the job announcement at https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10200