Folsom Lake College is accepting applications for a public services librarian. Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community College District, Folsom Lake College (FLC) is a vibrant teaching and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially diverse students each semester. The college and its two educational centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville (EDC) and the Rancho Cordova Center (RCC), serve the rapidly growing areas of both eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence, innovation, and educational equity.
A little more about the FLC Library:
The FLC Library provides information and research support to students, faculty and staff, whether they are at the main campus, at one of our educational centers, or participating in online coursework. The library provides access to high-quality information resources in a variety of physical and online formats. We also teach research strategies to meet the students’ immediate information needs and to support the development of broader information literacy skills.
We see our work as librarians as intrinsically connected to social justice and equity, both professionally and in the context of community college education. As such, the library works to uphold the campus’s commitment to social justice and equity in library instruction, individual reference interactions, and decision-making related to library policies, services, and the selection of library materials.
The FLC Library is a highly collaborative environment where librarians work closely with other library staff members, subject-area faculty members and the entire campus community. The librarians also coordinate many library services and resources in conjunction with the other libraries in the Los Rios Community College District.
And about the position:
The assignment may include, but is not limited to:
- Planning, developing, and coordinating online library resources, including the website, research guides, research tutorials, chat reference, and other web-based services.
- Administering, optimizing, and integrating the Library’s discovery service and electronic resources, including subscription databases, e-books, and streaming film.
- Maintaining a focus on library user experience and developing marketing strategies for online library resources and services.
- Participating in campus and district open educational resource initiatives.
- Teaching library instructions in a variety of settings and formats that may include credit courses.
- Providing reference and information services to students and staff.
- Selecting materials in subject areas for print and electronic collections.
- Collaborating with other library service areas.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend and/or off-campus work and/or hours.
The full job announcement as well as instructions for applying can be found at https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/12172. Applications will be accepted until August 27, 2019.