Holy Names University’s Cushing Library seeks a creative, dynamic, team-oriented individual to serve as a Collections & Research Librarian Research Librarian (full-time/12-months) to lead collections initiatives including the development of unique digital collections. Primary responsibilities include leading the acquisition, creation, assessment, and maintenance of collections in order to strategically support the diverse teaching, research, and learning needs of the HNU community. Additionally, the position will provide research assistance, conduct instructional workshops, provide cataloging services, and oversee acquisitions process and library collection budget.
- An ALA accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Two years’ experience in an Academic Library.
- Experience with cataloging including the ability to create original as well as copy bibliographic records.
- Working knowledge of MARC and non-MARC metadata schemas, RDA, AACR2, LC subject headings and classification, Medical Subject Headings, and EAD, DACS, and DCRM.
- Working knowledge of library and archives preservation principles, including digitization and metadata standards for long-term preservation and access.
- Experience facilitating access to institution digital content, including reposition systems.
- Experience with CONTENTdm digital collection platform and the concepts used in organizing and presenting digital information.
- Experience in the provision of reference and instructional services.
- Knowledge of copyright, permissions, and appropriate attribution of licensed materials.
- Experience preparing and delivering workshops and presentations.
- Experience at urban research institutions within a diverse and social responsible learning community is desired.
Find the full position description and application instructions here: https://hnu.edu/employment-opportunities/library-collections-research-librarian