Holy Names University Cushing Library seeks a creative, dynamic, team-oriented individual to serve as Research Librarian (part-time/ 9 month). Primary responsibilities include serving as the evening/weekend Research and Instruction Librarian. Additionally, the candidate will work collaboratively on service improvements, collection development, and provide stellar reference service. Evening and weekend work is required.
Major activities conducted by the Librarian for Research & Instruction include planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating appropriate educational and research support services; providing information research consultation services; developing new initiatives and partnerships to further student success in degree completion and lifelong learning; assist in the development of web pages, tutorials, and other online tools.
The incumbent’s duties also include preparing reports and analysis regarding ongoing services and special projects, including the generation and interpretation of data that inform decisions and demonstrate the Library’s value to the HNU community and beyond.
- Two years of experience in an Academic Library.
- Experience in the provision of reference and instructional services.
- Ability to understand user comfort levels with technology and employ teaching concepts related to the adult learner.
- Highly flexible with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot computers and/or software applications.
- Experience at urban research institutions within a diverse and social responsible learning community is desired.
Find the full position description and application instructions here: https://hnu.edu/employment-opportunities/library-research-instruction-librarian