Position Summary: With strategic leadership, participate in the National University (NU) initiatives and programs focusing on student success and retention. Manage the development of library support for retention and ‘first-year’ initiatives. Serve as Library liaison for the College of Letters and Sciences (COLS). Collaborate with faculty research, scholarship and program development. Facilitate library instruction, information and literacy assessment for graduate and undergraduate students both online and in-person. Contribute in the library collection development and engage with users to understand information needs and service expectations. Provide discipline-specific research consultations, as required. Corroborate on library team initiatives such as library base for new students and students at risk.
- Manages the development for library sustenance to students at risk and ‘first-year’ initiatives. Develops library instruction plans to enhance understanding of high impact best practices for online instruction and information literacy pedagogy differentiated for students at risk.
- Provides on-line and in-person instruction for graduate and undergraduate education programs. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in tutorial scripts, storyboards and other instructional development resources.
- Designs course guides to supplement library instruction with a focus on signature assignments with library research.
- Serves as Library Liaison for COLS. Contributes in school committees, meetings, faculty proposals and training on library plans, resources and services.
- Sustains faculty research and program development in library collections to support the teaching, learning and researching needs of students and faculty.
- Collaborates with library team on initiatives such as guide review, outreach, tutorials, events and workshops as necessary.
- Provides reference services such as staffing the Library Help Desk and answering reference questions (Ask Us, RefDesk, phone, text and through email).
- Must be able to work a varied work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Hire, train and develop up to 5 staff team members.
More information: https://nus.applytojob.com/apply/zzaDcZEV4Z