The Robert Crown Law Library, primarily serving Stanford Law School, seeks a User Experience Librarian who will provide excellent library services to the Law School and to the greater Stanford Community. The User Experience Librarian will be responsible for observing and analyzing usage patterns, discovering customer preferences, and reporting on emerging trends. The incumbent will make recommendations for improvement and innovation in the provision of library services and resources, and in the design and features of library spaces and interfaces. The ideal candidate will have a passion for understanding users, strong problem-solving skills, and be invested in improving the overall physical and online library experience. This position will also supervise a team of library specialists and provide oversight of Circulation Desk operations, including, but not limited to, scanning and the faculty borrowing services.
Why Stanford is for you.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply by visiting our Stanford Careers site and clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit your résumé and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.