California State University Fullerton Pollak Library is seeking an energetic librarian who is innovative, technologically adept and service oriented, with a background or experience in Education/Teaching.
The Education Librarian serves as the subject specialist and liaison to the College of Education’s students and faculty, providing instruction, reference, and outreach. A strong understanding of the teaching profession and/or education curriculum (credential process, pedagogical methods, etc.) is expected. The successful candidate will teach specialized library instruction sessions to education classes, most of which will be in-person, but may include online sessions as well. Specialized reference includes in-person and online individual research consultations with Education faculty and students. The position includes collection development duties: selecting education materials and overseeing the library’s state-adopted curriculum materials collection. The Education Librarian also participates in general reference and instruction services (e.g. reference desk hours, general library instruction sessions). Experience in instructional design and online learning is highly desired. Librarians at CSUF have faculty status and are expected to meet promotion and tenure requirements, including scholarly/professional activity and committee service.
• Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent institution by the time of appointment
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Education (or equivalent degree leading to a teaching credential) and/or significant experience in Education (teaching, school leadership, educational advising, etc.)
• Current experience in developing and teaching effective information literacy based library instruction sessions
• Current experience in providing reference services and knowledge of academic databases
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and on projects within other units of the library
• Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment with co-workers, library users, and the wider campus community
• Availability to work some weeknights and weekends
• Evidence of scholarly/professional activities (or interest/efforts toward such activities)
• Experience in instructional design and online learning
• Knowledge of California state-adopted curriculum materials is also desired
Rank & Salary:
The position will be at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian, tenure-track. Salary range will be from $57,060 to $62,766, commensurate with rank, experience and qualifications. . For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/documents/benefits/Faculty_Unit_3.pdf.
Job Control Number
August 1, 2013
For full consideration, all application materials must be received by June 1, 2013. Applications accepted until recommendations for appointments are made.
Applications will be accepted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email application 1) a letter of application to Susan Tschabrun, Acting Associate University Librarian, 2) your resume, and 3) names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State Fullerton is an Equal Opportunity/
Title IX/503/504/VEVRA/ADA Employer
Achieving A Climate of Success Through Diversity & Equity