LAC Group is seeking an experienced Chinese Language Cataloger for an opportunity to work on a project at a prestigious research and educational institution in East Los Angeles, CA. The selected candidate will provide original and copy cataloging on a variety of Chinese and other Asian language materials including books and manuscripts. This position can be full-time or part-time and will continue until the project is complete.
- Catalog Chinese and other Asian language materials selected for digitization in a variety of formats
- Creates and enhances MARC records for the Library’s online catalog according to current standards and best practices
- Creates and transforms metadata for items selected for digitization
- Masters in Library Science from an ALA-accredited university
- 2+ years of cataloging experience
- Ability to catalog in English and Chinese is required. Ability to catalog in other Asian languages is a plus.
- Fluency in Chinese and English. Knowledge of other Asian languages is desired.
- Experience in cataloging art and historical materials are preferred
- Must have experience using the RDA and MARC 21 cataloging standards
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/3axxtLH